Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta

Go down 
+5
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
Neo
Zero
Superbuu3
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Empty
PostSubject: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Now if you asked me which one would be a platinum in UK? I think its fairly blatent which two would be right at the top of that list, but turns out it's actually:

Spoiler:

So what's up with that do people just have no clue what they're buying or what. I don't think its that bad, but out of the other 5 games especially considering DMC4's age it should have got bestseller status by now.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:49 am

I'm surprised as well that DMC4 hasn't gotten it yet either.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 am

GoW3 will go platinum eventually, they seem to drag it out for the more popular games to make as much money as possible before the price drops. As for the rest, DMC4 wasn't amazing compared to 3, Bayonetta didn't sell well as far as I know and Darksiders looks average.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Darksiders is that game with the horsemen of the apocalypse, right?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 pm

You play as War, yeah.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Darksiders wasn't bad, it was just really unoriginal.

Anyway, I think inFamous went platinum pretty fast. Other than that I don't know. Don't pay as much attention to it as I did last gen. Even counting my PS2 collection I only have 4 platinum games though. 5 or 6 counting my PS1 games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:55 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Darksiders wasn't bad, it was just really unoriginal.

Anyway, I think inFamous went platinum pretty fast. Other than that I don't know. Don't pay as much attention to it as I did last gen. Even counting my PS2 collection I only have 4 platinum games though. 5 or 6 counting my PS1 games.

I'm sure you have a lot that eventually went platinum though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Probably. The only platinum games I have are the games that were already platinum when I bought the console. Apart from Tekken 4 I think.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:06 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Probably. The only platinum games I have are the games that were already platinum when I bought the console. Apart from Tekken 4 I think.

Actually you do seem to buy a lot of games when they first come out. I normally work out how much i'm willing to pay for a game before i buy it so only a few games do i pay full price for. This is why i never end up getting games like CoD or RDR cause they end up staying at 40 forever and i refuse to pay that price.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Well, there's very few games I've bought near launch and regretted it. I usually end up playing the good ones for ages though. So rather than picking up older cheap games often, I just play the last game I bought until the next one I want comes out.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:16 pm

As much as I love Bayonetta, I can see why it wouldn't appeal to everyone. The sense of humour and characterisation is such that you either 'get it' or you don't, the story is pretty much garbage, and there's so much depth to the combat that I daresay 99% of people who tried it barely scratched the surface of what was possible.

DMC4 was much more accesible, but ultimately a little disappointing and GoWIII will undoubtedly be platinum before too long, even if I think the combat a bit brainless next to Bayonetta.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Would you recommend bayonetta to me even if i generally speaking hate every female character in every game ever bar chun li and blaze. I'm sure there's another i thought was ok but can't remember.

Edit: Jill Valentine knew i was missing one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:40 am

Unless you can find Bayonetta for less than 40$, stay away from it. I thought it was boring (Kinda like DMC4). It's like they're not even trying anymore.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:43 am

I love Bayonetta and DMC4. Dante's Inferno's story was fucking stupid, haven't played Darksiders so I can't judge it and GoW3 is my favorite GoW because of how great the story and boss fights were handled.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:56 am

Baal wrote:
I love Bayonetta and DMC4. Dante's Inferno's story was fucking stupid, haven't played Darksiders so I can't judge it and GoW3 is my favorite GoW because of how great the story and boss fights were handled.

"Watch, Mother, As I finish this vermin with-" *dies*

....I've never actually played it yet, I just remember something said about Hercules and him boasting to his mom alot during a fight.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:49 am

Yeah, after Kratos gets knocked into the ground by Hercules he turns around and gloats to Hera... this not only loses him the Nemean Cestus (The awesome gauntlets) but later gets his face smashed in (Literally).
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 pm

After reading Inferno (nothing better to do when there's summer), I really want to play the game. Not sure about getting it, though, as I have heard that the gameplay's annoying. Will watching a playthrough suffice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta   So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So we have DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno/Darksiders/Bayonetta
Page 1 of 1