Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need a new game.

Go down 
+4
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

I need a new game.  Empty
PostSubject: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Something to occupy me until the big end of year games start releasing in November, and I have no idea what to go for. Preferably something cheap, but other than that I don't know. So... recommend stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 pm

God of War.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Yakuza 3
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:28 pm

There's a fair few AAA games from earlier in the year nice and cheap now; Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty 2, Dragon Age, God of War III / Collection... I'm sure there are plenty of others.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about an RPG. I'm looking at all the >£20 games on Amazon. Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and Resonance of Fate are all quite cheap, and I've heard positive stuff about all of them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm

One question about DA, what's the difference between the normal one and Awakening?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
One question about DA, what's the difference between the normal one and Awakening?

Origins is the real deal, full fat, the genuine retail game. Awakenings is an expansion; it's a self contained story in it's own right, but isn't anything like as long as Origins. Truth be told, Origins is far superior. The best bit of Awakening is being able to import your Origins character into the game exactly as you left them, high level spells, stats, equipment etc as Awakening has all new skills, abilities and a higher level cap to play with.

A word of caution; Origins is the better game, but it's a slow burner. Dependant on the... ahem...origin... you self created character starts with, the first few hours are a bit dull. The graphics are competent but no more, and it takes a while to grab you. I'm sure Kima and Rockstar would back me up on this though; once it gets it's hooks in you, you'll love it.

Mass Effect 2 though... I don't give a toss if we're only halfway through the year, this is my Game of the Year. No contest. The opening five minutes blew me away, and it's never less than great after that. However, you really need to have played the first game and have a finished character ready to import to get the most out of it. That means playing ME1 in it's forty hour plus entirety if you haven't already. Secondly, ME2s RPG elements are simplified considerably. The shooting is incredibly polished, but a lot of the RPG staples are either absent completely or quite basic. Personally though, I couldn't give a shit about that. I absolutely love it. Oh, one final word of advice; avoid spoilers if you can. Just prior to release there were lots of trailers and previews that gave away some pretty bloody major plot points. I avoided all of these, and I'm glad I did, because they just gave the game so much more impact.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:18 pm

i was thinking the same thing as nonny yesterday :O

but i decided against getting a rpg to save for my ps3
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Eyeball wrote:
i was thinking the same thing as nonny yesterday :O

but i decided against getting a rpg to save for my ps3
You two have lots in common
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:42 pm

we do??
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Like 2 peas in a a pod. Probably even more so then xalas and most people thought you and xal were the same person.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 pm

you're creeping me out buu
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:16 am

I'll second ME2. I'm still playing it just as much as some of my more recent purchases, despite having it since January.
Also Demons Souls is great if you want a challenge, it's still kinda new in Europe but I bought it week 1 here and it was $50AUD cheaper than the usual release price for games. A cool perk is that you'd get the special edition of the game which comes with a player made guide and a nice art book, if that stuff interests you.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:01 am

I love Resonance of Fate.

Atleast the combat style is awesome enough. Just wish I could get the right fucking Hex to fix the fucking bridge. All I need is a straight line, And I keep getting these as drops.

/
/

What the fuck am I supposed to do with a Hex like that? I was only able to use it on ONE part of where I'm at. ...Maybe I'm hunting in the wrong area or I just haven't found the right enemy or something. -_- But I'm sure I'll be playing for a few more hours once I get passed that point though.

Right now, Continuum Shift is catching all my attention...But that's not all that cheap. -_-
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

You're probably fighting the wrong enemies. Go look up loot tables or something.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:39 pm

you can use the curved hex you just have to open up that one white hex at the start of the bridge you dont have to hex the whole bridge i was confused with this at first to xD
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I ended up buying fallout 3 goty. Play gta4 at ther minute, but i'll probably start playing it loads from tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Another option, if you have an alright PC, is to get something like http://store.steampowered.com/sale/QuakeCon off Steam. 27 games including all the Doom, Quake and Wolfenstien games as well as Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 GOTY editions for $70USD.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Fucking hell that is an awesome set of games.

Also get Deus Ex it craps on any other game made.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:26 pm

dude deus ex is epic i got motion sickness off it which is funny givin the fact i didnt get motion sickness from sonic and SplitSecond demo
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

how did you play it?

I always went for stealth fucked up then filled everything with bullets.

I always maxed up the speed and jump aug so i could run my ass off and jump onto buildings.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:10 pm

all my shits maxed<3
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

xalas wrote:
you can use the curved hex you just have to open up that one white hex at the start of the bridge you dont have to hex the whole bridge i was confused with this at first to xD

Yeah, I know that now. -_- Sometimes, I hate being fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:47 am

your not stupid o.o it happened to me to(shut the fuck up buu>.>) its a common prob
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am

xalas wrote:
your not stupid o.o it happened to me to(shut the fuck up buu>.>) its a common prob

yes your stupidity is a problem all of us have in common Very Happy

also stop cheating on deus ex, be hardcore and play it without cheating... on easy XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a new game.    I need a new game.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a new game.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next