Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn portal is amazing

Go down 
+8
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Neo
SimianWonder
Skip
xalas
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Bruce Campbell Lookalike wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
You must've flown through the single player campaign.

No wonder when we were playing coop you made it look like i was the newbie.
The problem with puzzle games in general is that once you've beaten it once you can probably speedrun it with little to no trouble whatsoever.
I was referring to moose. I remember him saying to me yesterday he hadn't played single player and today its finished.

He hadn't even played the campaign when i was playing coop with him but he seemed to know what to do in almost every room.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:01 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The most interesting bit was the right at the start where you find a mural of Chel. I'd like to know who did that.
Doug Rattman/The Ratman. He's the one responsible for all the dens and written messages in both games and, as far as I know, all the murals throughout Portal 2.

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Doug_Rattmann
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Is there many hidden rooms in two then?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

More than there are in the first game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Bruce Campbell Lookalike wrote:
More than there are in the first game.
... awesome i found like 3 in the first game and i didn't even spot one in this game that i remember at least.

I'll have to hit that up later.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 pm

I started the SP yesterday morning. I'd say it took me about 9 hours in total. I wanted to go through it in one go since I did that the first time I played Portal, but it was too long.

And the hiddens areas must actually be hidden this time then, instead behind an obvious broken panel or something.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:19 pm

I'll find it myself i don't need your youtube vids of pity.

Besides this topic derailed at some point i was talkig about this sites portal, you guys are just haters.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:00 pm

I only got properply stuck three times.

The first bit was just after you get into the old facility. The part where you have to jump through the Aperture logo. Could not figure that out because I never noticed the little bit of sloped wall.

The second bit was during the repulsion gel tests. It was in between two tests I think. Spent ages staring at the surroundings, then just gave up and turned it off. That was the end of my first session, yesterday morning. When I got back to it last night I figured out what to do straight away and felt stupid for not realising it before.

The third time was in chamber 15 during the last part of the game. Spent about 20 minutes trying to get some orange gel across the gap to give me some speed for a running jump to the exit. When I finally did it I immediately realised it wouldn't work and then about 5 seconds later spotted what I should have been doing all along, which was much much easier.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I was referring to moose. I remember him saying to me yesterday he hadn't played single player and today its finished.
That must have been on Sunday. I started playing the SP yesterday, before playing co-op.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 am

But anyway, yeah. The ending was great.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:12 am

Going through this again looking for the hidden areas. I found the two earliest ones in my first playthrough and that was it. I'm on chamber 15 or something now and I found a couple more. They were pretty obvious too. Don't know how I missed that giant hole in the ceiling in one of the chambers. Found the singing turrets too.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Rescued the turret from redemption. It says some interesting things.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Oh man, it's so infuriating to watch other people play this and not get the puzzles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:50 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh man, it's so infuriating to watch other people play this and not get the puzzles.
I think thats the case in a lot of puzzle games.

When i see someone play an RPG and run around clicking X on everything despite the room obviously having nothing in it that drives me nuts to.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:54 pm

You down for co-op today?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:58 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You down for co-op today?
Sure but when?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Now-ish?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:24 pm

I can play now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:46 pm

The co-op ending was a let down. Seemed to get easier towards the end too. Chambers 2 and 3 were the hardest.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:24 pm

We need to find that secret cube at some point buu.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh yeah, i really wanna find it. Maybe in a couple of days though, otherwise i'll remember the puzzles too well. I like having to rework out stuff. Hopefully we'll do all the puzzles the right way this time, instead of our improvised long winded ways.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:41 pm

It's cool to know that we did some of them the wrong way though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn portal is amazing   Damn portal is amazing - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn portal is amazing
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next