Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite fighting games?

Go down 
+6
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
Ace
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Favorite fighting games? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Yeah a favorite topic. not very original but I'm curious to what fighters you guys like. I'm going to post my top ten you can post whatever you want.

1. Capcom vs SNK 2 ( I have the DC, GC, and PS2 versions. also my favorite game of all time along with Sonic 2)
2. Street Fighter Alpha 2 (My fighting game mother it holds a special deep bond to this day)
3. Super Smash Bros Melee
4. Super Smash Bros Brawl
5. 3rd Strike
6. Soul Calibur 2
7. Power Stone 2 (maybe shouldnt count, but fuck it)
8. Marvel vs Capcom 2 ( I guess the only reason its on here was cuz I played Xmen vs SF and MS vs SF at a local arcade with friends as a kid in elementary)
9. Tatsunoko vs Capcom ( I know what you're thinking but exploring new characters was nice, and Zero made the list)
10. Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 (Got into it deep)

Honerable mentions:
Samurai Showdown 2
Gouru Mark of the wolves
Budokai 3
Darkstalkers series
Guilty Gear X
Dead or Alive 3
Soul Calibur 1
Killer Instinct Gold
Super Smash bros 64

thats it. God I hope I didn't forget any I've been thinking about this for a half hour.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm

1. Tekken 3. I guess this was my "fighting game mother". It was one of the only few fighters I played all those years ago when I was young. During those days I was mostly into adventure and racing games and never paid attention to the whole SF/MK craze(although I remember playing MK with some friend once but it doesn't deserve T3's "mother" title since I barely even remember much of it). I did rent T2 a few times as well but not as much as T3.

2. All of the Dimps DBZ fighters. I used to play each release after release A LOT. And then when I realized those games were deeper/got deeper than what 70% of the fanbase believed, I got into them even more.

3 Super Smash Bros. Melee. I rented this a lot.

4. SFIV/SSFIV. After so long, only last year did I start to give a damn about the Street Fighter games when the original SFIV came out.

5. SDBZ. One of the few really good DB fighters overlooked by simple minded button mashers who were glorifying those Tenkaichi games at the time.

6. Marvel Super Heroes. Rented that game a few times when I was young and liked it a lot.

7. Bloody Roar 2............The demo. Yeah, I never played the actual game but I played its demo fuckloads waaaaaaay back.

8. One Piece: Grand Adventure. Meh.

Yeah, shit list. And I guess I played a few arcade fighters back in the day but I don't really remember which is which besides some KOF game and MvC2.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Far too many to count. Almost anything Capcom make is great, be it Street Fighter, DarkStalkers, or one of their Marvel Vs series, and I've very fond memories of Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat II on SNES, even though neither were actually particularly good in hindsight. For sheer crushing brilliance, though the king of the SNES fighters was Street Fighter II Turbo. God that was awesome. Dated now, but at the time I would have happily donated unecessary organs to own it.

Ahem. I also loved Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2 and Power Stone on Dreamcast, and have put far more hours than I care to admit into DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It's still the best DBZ game around in my opinion. Another forgotten gem that I'd wager I'm theonly person here to have played would be Fighters Megamix on the Sega Saturn. It was a cross between Virtua Fighter and Fighting Vipers, and it was insane, loads of characters, spectacular fights and you could smash each others armour to bits. Huge fun.

For sheer depth, it'd be Virtua Fighter. The difference between being good at it and being tournament level is staggering; seriously, the guys who play it pro are insanely good. Problem is, it's not actually much fun. Tekken, for me, has the opposite problem. It's easy to look good, but it hasn't got the depth to keep you going, it gives up all it's secrets a little too easily. Soul Calibur is often criticised for being too flashy, but under that veneer, I still think it's a better fighting game than it's stablemate.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:36 pm

i) Tekken series

I've played all of them more or less, my favourite being 3, Tag and 6. And I know that I'm getting repetitive, but Tekken 6 in particular is one of the most deep, flashy and balanced (with 40 characters!) fighting games ever.

ii) Soul series

I loved 2 and 4. Fighting with weapons isn't only fun, but also very stylish. Great variety of different fighting styles, a nice plot (even for a game of this genre) and a very good selection of guest characters.The games always look great as well and the character models are simply awesome.

iii) Mortal Kombat series (especially before 4)

Really fun gameplay and cool characters.

Oh, I also like the Smash Bros. series (Brawl not that much), but I wouldn't consider them exactly fighting games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Tekken and Dead or Alive are the only fighting game series that I've really followed. Although I missed DOA3 because I never had the original Xbox. I got the original Tekken bundled with my first Playstation, and it's been my top fighting game ever since.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Soul Calibur, mainly because I always get annoyed when a character has a weapon but can't/doesn't use it in most of their moves. Looking at you Tekken Yoshimitsu.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:00 pm

I never really got into Tekken. I've played Tag a million times at the arcade and 5 at a friends house and 6 a couple of times. I don't know I always thought it was too slow for me. That and my friend would always be kicking my ass. I could never get around or grasp the game fully. I don't know why.

And I grew up with Mortal Kombat as a kid aswell. They would make the list for nostalgia alone but the first MK's havent aged well.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:12 pm

1: Power Stone 2
2: Marvel vs Capcom 2

Can't think of the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 am

1: MUGEN ....lol, I kid.

1: Soul Calibur 3 (I played that game to death. 4 would've taken this spot flawlessly had the CAF been just like 3.)

2: Mortal Kombat 2 & Armageddon (Can't decide on a favorite, Though the only reason I like 2 so much is because of the Genesis version. I'd often use the debug code and have the AI constantly kill one another for my amusement. XD)

3: King of Fighters 2006 (aka, Maximum Impact 2. This was practically my first KoF game ever. and I still love it.)

Runner-ups

1: Soul Calibur 4 (Darth Vader, 'nuff said.)

2: SSFIV (I love this game, But it's not my favorite of favorites. But the fact that I can play the music from my hard drive while playing it helps.)

3: Tekken 3-6 (I can't be assed to pick a favorite, So I'll pick all from 3 to 6. Including Tag. Though I do love how I can fight to the music on my hard drive while playing 6.)

4: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (I liked this game alot, But never really "liked" it...Mostly because I couldn't just watch the AI kill itself like I could in 2. XD I was a real puss back then. More so than I am now.)

5: Bio F.R.E.A.K.S (Made by the brilliant minds behind Mortal Kombat, This game allowed you to outright kill the other guy from the get-go. Just imput the right combo and presto, You cut off the head...or bit it off...or stabbed an exploding knife into it. XD)

And that's that I suppose. There was also Dark Rift and Clayfighters 63 1/3, But meh. Not really worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

1. Tie between "Mortal Kombat 2" & "Street Fighter 2 series": Since I first played them until this day I still play them more than any other fighting games
2. Marvel vs "Street Fighter": It sure is better to me than MvC, mainly cause it has "Kasuganu Sakura", too bad I don't have MvC2 (Sakura & Jill, I'm happy)
3. "Guilty Gear XX Reload": Oddly enough I prefer this one to so many SF, MK, or Tekken games
4. Tekken 5: My love for Tekken started with 3, especially all the other modes there are with advanced graphics and characters designs, I love 5 more than the rest due to "The Devil Within" mode, cause it's fun, and before it I always looked at "Kazama Jin" with ridicule
5. "Super Smash Bros Melee": After my cousins unlocked Marth I started taking him, before him I always took Link, and I never played a "Legend of Zelda" game in my life, I took Marth because of the sword, and barely knew how much I love swords. Every time we have a 4 players match I stick far while the rest take it out, that's how I always won, except that if someone came near me I make his character fly
6. MvC2: Ever since I played it for the first time, and that year was the only time I played it, I fell in love with it, mainly cause of Jill & Sakura
7. KoF 1996-2003: 2k3 is the absolute best of the three IMO
8. MKSM: I play the vs mode, and it's real fun to have a 2P match in that game
9. SMFoF: Main game is just walk and fight, at least there you can choose to play with your partner if you have a 1 player game. VS mode is real fun, every time I take Blade or "Iron Fist" I kick real ass, except if my foe plays with the "Black Suited Spider-Man"
10. Samurai Showdown 64: I haven't played this game a lot, but it introduced me to Shiki, I love her, cause of my strange fondness of anime & VG chicks with short dark hair
11. Samurai Showdown: The first game
12. M.U.G.E.N: Cause it's fun to have characters of many video games figting each other
13. "Garou: Mark of the Wolves": Cool fighting mechanics, great game, love playing with the son of Geese
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 am

I never commented on this weird.

I liked the first 2 soul edge games, tekken up to tag, i love the street fighter series.

Also Virtua fighter is great but needs way more time invested in it then i can be bothered to put in.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite fighting games?   Favorite fighting games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite fighting games?
Page 1 of 1