Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inception

Go down 
+9
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
Kaede
Ace
Zero
Baal
Skip
SimianWonder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:08 pm

olol
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I need to rewatch this over again. I forget nearly everything except the amazing scenes.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm watching it right now.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 pm

Mind= blown.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:37 am

I get it now. I get the whole thing.

Had to watch it 4 times...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:46 am

One thing I'm confused about is the kick. At the start it seemed like they had to give the person sleeping the kick to wake them up from the dream. Like, push the sleeping person over in real life, or whatever layer of dream they're on. Anyway, the version of them that was asleep got the kick, to bring them back to that level from a lower level.

But during that last sequence, the versions of them that were in the dreams were getting the kicks, and that was waking them up to the next level.

Like, when the van went over the bridge, none of them woke up. They had to have some kind of big fall within the next dream to wake them up to the level with the van. So rather than just having a fall at the top level to wake them all up, they had to have a fall at the lowest level, and then another one on the next level up, and so on.

Basically, when Arthur pushed Cobb into the bathtub at the beginning, he woke up from the lower dream level. He didn't wake up into the real world. Whereas later in the film they were using kicks to wake up into the higher level, rather than wake up from the lower level.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 am

There is no higher level. Each dream takes you lower and lower. Waking up is the highest level.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:56 am

BUT ARE YOU REALLY AWAKE?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 am

Also,,,,,

Inception - Page 2 Incept10
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 am

And the kicks were synchronised for them to wake up from one level into the next and so on.

The kick they got from falling off the building put them back into the inception dream, then the building getting destroyed woke them into the elevator, and the elevator crashing woke them up into the van hitting the water.

Thier original plan was to wake up when the van crashed through the gate, but they missed it and had to improvise.

Thats what I got. Not saying I'm right or anything. I think I am but who knows with this movie.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:13 am

I know all that. What I saying is...

[massive edit]

...at the start to go from level 2 to level 1, they would have the kick on level 1. At the end, to go from level 2 to level 1, they would have the kick on level 2.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 am

Inception - Page 2 Inception002

Love it.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I know all that. What I saying is...

[massive edit]

...at the start to go from level 2 to level 1, they would have the kick on level 1. At the end, to go from level 2 to level 1, they would have the kick on level 2.
No the kick on level 2 was to get them out of level 3. Them hitting the water on level one was the kick to get them out of level 2.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:50 am

So why did they have a kick on level 3? And why did Ariadne have to jump from the building in level 4, and push Fischer off the building in level 4? They did that so they would wake up in level 3, because the kick that was in level 3 wouldn't. The kick in level 3 woke them up to level 2, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:05 am

Oh dude let me think about this.

Ok I think the building falling apart wasn't a kick in itself it was level 3 falling apart from the dreamer waking up due to the kick in level 2. And there was no real kick in level 3, she just improvised the fall in level 4 to wake up in level 3 for the kick happening in level 2.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:16 am

The building falling apart in level 3 was because that dude put bombs all over the place.

And the kick in level 3 didn't wake Cobb up from level 4, did it? Fischer even woke up before the kick in level 3. He woke up from level 4 because Ariadne pushed him off the building in level 4.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:21 am

Oh right forgot about the explosion being set up. I don't get it either then. Maybe when you go in that deep you need to assimilate two kicks in the dream before and the dream after. To bridge the gap?

Cobb didn't wake up because he chose to stay in level 4 to find saito and Fischer got killed and that kick needed to happen for him to be affected by the defibulater.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I personally think he(Leo) never returned to the real world at the end. He would of had no way to kick himself back awake to the first dream once the van stopped and reached the bottom of the river.

I mean the top was about to stop at the end, leo walks away, but we see the top spinning normal again, and then almost stops again. Something is up.

I think Everyone he sees at the end is a projection, maybe he is in his own dream now? who knows?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:55 pm

He wouldn't have to wake up to the first level. He would have drowned and died in the van, meaning all he had to do was wake up from limbo to get back to reality.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm

But he was already trying to escape from limbo in the first place. Can you do that?

Actually that makes sense I guess.

Also I love that sig.

Edit: My brother says what about when the girl has to ecape from limbo she has to go back to the dreams that brought her to limbo, so in order for Leo to escape limbo wouldn't he just keep popping up into the previous dreams (dieing fom drowning) returning to limbo and so forth? kind of like a never ending loop of limbo-dream-dies-limbo.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Watch his hand, his wedding ring is on when he's dreaming.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 pm

SSMG wrote:
My brother says what about when the girl has to ecape from limbo she has to go back to the dreams that brought her to limbo, so in order for Leo to escape limbo wouldn't he just keep popping up into the previous dreams (dieing fom drowning) returning to limbo and so forth? kind of like a never ending loop of limbo-dream-dies-limbo.
She was still alive in all those dream levels though, so she had to wake up through each one to get back to the first one. Cobb would have died on the first level in the van, which would have killed him on every other level as well, just like Saito.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:37 pm

I need to see this film again.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what I told him too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:20 am

I really hate when people tell me a film is clever or complicated when its not. I liked the first half the movie, but it seemed like it wanted to be convoluted for the sake of being convoluted. I think this would've made a better sequel then a first film. I didn't really feel any sense of danger because well despite them telling you this was not going to plan they all seemed to be coping with it fine.

Also I hated the plot device of Ellen Page is a girl so is obviously the only one who cares about Leo's mental wellbeing, because being bros in arms for years obviously is meaningless.

I don't think i've even had one dream that was vaguely similar to anything in this film.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Inception - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inception   Inception - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inception
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Movies-
Jump to: