Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Impulse buy: Where The Wild Things Are

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Impulse buy: Where The Wild Things Are Empty
PostSubject: Impulse buy: Where The Wild Things Are   Impulse buy: Where The Wild Things Are Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Wanted to see this when it came out, but never got around to it. Bought it in some sale or other the other day (when I got Funny People). Didn't know what to expect other than a kid playing with some monsters. I was quite surprised, since the kid was actually kind of a jerk at the start of the film. But overall it was a good film. Not great, but okay. Basically the kid is kind of a jerk when things don't go his way, and he ends up running away and find this island where the wild things are (get it?). They're a group of monsters, and they have their own version of the kid who gets pissed off easily. The lies to them all and ends up being crowned as their king, so he gets a taste of what it's like to be a parent basically.

The biggest disappoint for me was the faces of the monsters. From the trailers, it looked like they were completely practical, but seeing the film it was obvious that the mouth and eye movements and such were digital, or at the least digitally enhanced. Which bummed me out, because I would have sacrificed perfect lip-syncing for completely practical monster effects. That would have been great.
Back to top Go down

Impulse buy: Where The Wild Things Are
Page 1 of 1