Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last Airbender

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
Kimarous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:58 am

Overall, I'd say the film was fairly good. Good action sequences, great score, decent casting, and for how much they had to cut out, they managed to do a decent job of trimming things down and mixing scenes together into an acceptable film adaptation. That isn't to say I'm without complaints, however. Some name and term pronounciations were annoying; ones that jumped out were "Aang" like "Ah-ng", "So-kah" instead of "Sokk-a", "Ee-roh" instead of "Eye-roh", and "Agni Ki" instead of "Agni Kai". Some cinematography was awkward, having the occasional sweeping shot where it's hard to make things out. The film's biggest problem, however, is that it has a bad start, chopping from one scene to another and cramming it with some pretty awkward exposition. Forgiving these complaints, though, it was still a pretty good adaptation, but I'd definately recommend the original series over this... in fact, it's probably best to see the actual series before seeing this film at all. If you haven't, things would probably come across as doubly contrived, which is probably why critics panned this. As a fan of the actual series, though, I give it a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 am

may have to check it out, i quite liked the series
all though the end was awful
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:32 am

I'm going to see this very soon.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
myownninja
Arting Starvist
myownninja

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:39 am

Im going with a few friends tomorrow, tobi and haseo are tagging along too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.storywrite.com/mylivingmelody
Zero
The Hero
Zero

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 pm

I saw it last night. I agree 100% with you, Kimarous. The pronunciations were just odd. I think they were trying to go for Japanese authenticity where they didn't really need it. I mean, Avatar isn't really an anime.
*Spoilers below*

One thing I found odd as well was the whole earth bender captivity part. Originally they were loaded on a metal ship so that they couldn't actually rebel. The fact that they loaded the earth benders in a place where they could earth bend the entire area seems kind of dumb. That was very minor though.

I was really hoping at the end when Zuko was about to go up against Zhao that they would fight and have that same outcome as what happened in the show only much earlier than that part. Zuko beat Zhao in the show much before that and they skipped that which I would have loved to see.

On the positive side, they were very close to the original in most parts and had good action and such. The casting was standard. Could have been better, but not too bad.

That said, I found it to be an enjoyable film.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 pm

The pronunciation is Indonesian, which is the nationality of M. Night Shaymasidsecnkiefhlwfl
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm

I think they follow the same rules, because that's how the Japanese would pronounce it too.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Zero wrote:
I think they follow the same rules, because that's how the Japanese would pronounce it too.

Indonesia and Japan is like Germany and America.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Spain and Japan aren't alike at all yet their languages follow the same basic rules.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Zero wrote:
Spain and Japan aren't alike at all yet their languages follow the same basic rules.

Point is, Indonesia and Japan are quite different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender
Page 1 of 1