Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?

Go down 
+14
????
saltwater
brandon
Zero
SimianWonder
Kaede
Rockstar_Sinistar
Neo
Ace
Golden Boy
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Superbuu3
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Topic

I've bought 3 PSN titles and one mini, but no DLC. My purchases generally speaking semed very worthwhile to me.

Not really sure about this DLC thing it works out very expensive compared to the price of an actual game considering most of them are quite short. Anyways if you find any decent DLC may as well speak up about it and maybe other people will join you.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 pm

I've bought DLC for SFIV, SSFIV, Prince of Persia, and Disgaea 3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:29 pm

I bought the AC2 DLC, which was... okay. Bought loads for RB2, which was definitely worth it.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 pm

SC4, Overlord 2, AC2, Borderlands... and that's all that comes to mind at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Baal wrote:

Kimarous wrote:
SC4, Overlord 2, AC2, Borderlands... and that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Can you guys say if they were worth getting?

The DLC i'll consider getting is army of two 40th day, valkyria chronicles, though i need to complete those before i actually buy anything
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

VC's dlc:

- Edy's Squad is a short mission with multiple short and almost identical endings. It's a bit disappointing.
- Selvaria's pack has 4 missions and it's pretty good.
- The expert mode pack is my favourite. It will test your patience and tactical thinking. (9 missions)
- Edy's Squad 2 pack features 6 missions and it's quite fun and challenging.

IMO: Expert mode >>> Selaria's = Edy's 2 >>>>>>>>>> Edy's
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
Can you guys say if they were worth getting?

The DLC i'll consider getting is army of two 40th day, valkyria chronicles, though i need to complete those before i actually buy anything
Soul Calibur 4 DLC is meh. Unless you really want Yoda and a few extra pieces for CAC mode, skip it. Overlord 2's DLC was shit and kept freezing on me. Assassin's Creed 2's DLC fills in a few gaps in the story, but it doesn't add a whole lot outside of a few bonus missions. I definately recommend the DLC for Borderlands, though, especially the General Knoxx one, which builds upon the endgame. Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is a nice change of pace as well. As for the Moxxie one... I just got that for the bank to store additional weapons; the arenas can get very tedious (especially given how long they take), although if you want a grand total of two more ability points at the cost of ungodly long hours, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm

The PoP DLC? Just for the running clash, yes.

The SSFIV DLC? DEFINITELY.

Disgaea 3, I'm pretty torn about though.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Just for Megaman 9 and megaman 10

Totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 am

I've bought DLC for LBP, SC4, Far Cry 2, Borderlands and Fallout 3.
The only one I wouldn't buy again is the Far Cry stuff.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:34 am

Oh wait and I just bought a Rorschach costume for LBP.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 am

I miss being able to even DOWNLOAD DLC. Sad

But yeah, I have some DLC that are worth having (for me anyway).

TMNT: Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled.
Bionic Commando: Re-Armed
Mega Man 9 Trial Version (Wish I could actually get the full version, Protoman, & Endless Mode.)
Saints Row 2 DLC (Which I haven't beeen able to get back since....You know when.)
Some Music Studio Tracks & Official DLC for GH: World Tour.
All 27 Episodes of Gurren Lagann.

...The rest of the stuff I have is just nice to have. XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Wa-wa-wait! You downloaded Gurren-Lagann from the PSN store?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 pm

I've bought lots of DLC for lots of games. Some have been good, others lesss so, even DLC for one game can be of variable quality; Mass Effect 2 for instance has a few 'meh' bits most of which are thankfully free when you buy the game new, but the 'premium' DLC is very hit and miss.

Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 pm

I've gotten all the Gold content for RE5 and I've bought RE2 and RE3.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I've bought lots of DLC for lots of games. Some have been good, others lesss so, even DLC for one game can be of variable quality; Mass Effect 2 for instance has a few 'meh' bits most of which are thankfully free when you buy the game new, but the 'premium' DLC is very hit and miss.

any must haves or best avoided?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm

yes and yes
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 am

Kaede wrote:
Wa-wa-wait! You downloaded Gurren-Lagann from the PSN store?

Yes, I did. Quite happily, in fact.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
saltwater
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:45 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Topic

I've bought 3 PSN titles and one mini, but no DLC. My purchases generally speaking semed very worthwhile to me.

Not really sure about this DLC thing it works out very expensive compared to the price of an actual game considering most of them are quite short. Anyways if you find any decent DLC may as well speak up about it and maybe other people will join you.

I think if you love a game,it's worthy of you to buy and it will help u arr max level Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Mr. Baal wrote:

I'm am very sad now...........
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Since the last time I posted in the topic. I got all left 4 dead 2 dlc, all blackops dlc, all arkham city dlc, and all umvc3 dlc ex cept one costume pack.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:09 am

Empirewild wrote:
Mr. Baal wrote:

I'm am very sad now...........
I'm am very sad also.
Back to top Go down
DarkAkatosh
Deck Hand
DarkAkatosh

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:48 am

All the marvel pinball dlc. So fun.
Back to top Go down
silvertongue
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:22 pm

I've bought quite a bit of dlc but one of the worst has to be Sazh's episode in FFXIII-2. It's just so booooooring.
Back to top Go down
justinlynch3
Sherlock
justinlynch3

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 pm

So far just WWE 12 DLC, which I covered with one $20 PSN card.

This year I'm picking up a $50 card. Maybe I'll span it across the next 2 years of wrestling games, maybe I'll get something else after buying 13. Dunno, don't care for DLC most of the time. lol. If you DLC for every game you buy you'll spend a fortune.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/?sid=ba70bc65387fd356f8c04d7d9
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?   Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you bought any DLC for a game? And was it worth it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next