Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
Talking Sock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Empty
PostSubject: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:34 pm

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/650/650717p1.html

It's IGN though so expect a total joke list...and it is.

Actually, to be fair it's a half-decent list, but some choices offend me. Lion King being so low is just wrong and there's too much Jap crap on the list, only Akira deserves to be there(inb4 Kaio's Miyazaki fanboyism). And the top film's spot is just blatant promotion for its upcoming Blu-ray release. Not that it didn't deserve a high place but...honestly, that's still off. Also no Aladdin? Come ooooooon.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:42 pm

inb4sorabitchesaboutjap- oh that already happened.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Beauty and the Beast deserved the number 1 spot.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Kaio wrote:
inb4sorabitchesaboutjap- oh that already happened.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Kaio wrote:

No it didn't. It deserves to be in the top 10 or even top 5 but not number 1. Aladdin and Lion King > BatB.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Also, I wonder how many people are cutting themselves over the South Park movie's place. I don't mind it being on the list(although I do think it's too high) but I can expect some bitching.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:26 pm

I'll never understand why The Incredibles gets as much love as it does. It's good, but it's not that good. Wall-E didn't deserve to be that high either, since the second half was a big let down. And The Lion King at 17? Seriously?

Also, what the hell was Totoro doing on that list?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:35 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Wall-E didn't deserve to be that high either, since the second half was a big let down.

Wow. I thought I was like...the only human being on the planet who found Wall-E disappointing. Meh, at least that film had that Jeff guy from Curb Your Enthusiasm play as the fat captain.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Wall-E was great to begin. Then human characters appeared and it quickly became a paint-by-numbers outcast-saves-the-day story.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:48 pm

I honestly haven't seen Wall-E.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Meh. Wall E bored the pants off me, didn't like it much, ditto Fantastic Mr Fox and Finding Nemo. I'm actually glad to see some Miyazaki in there, and while I've still got a huge soft spot for My Neighbour Totoro, I thought Spirited Away was a bit dull. Howl's Moving Castle was much better, and should have been in there. South Park was funny as hell when it came out, but I watched it again fairly recently and a lot of the jokes had dated... no way it deserved to be no 6.

Also, BatB no 1? No, just no. It's not even the best Disney 'animated feature', let alone the best of them all.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:05 pm

The Whore: Castle in the Sky takes precedence over Spirited Away.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Laputa is a little dated.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:18 pm

It's an old film(not to mention an anime so its production value isn't anything to brag about), of course it'd seem dated. It's still more entertaining than Spirited Away and its mindfucking, trippy fest though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:26 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Also, BatB no 1? No, just no. It's not even the best Disney 'animated feature', let alone the best of them all.

Yes, it is.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:33 pm

SOK wrote:
It's an old film(not to mention an anime so its production value isn't anything to brag about), of course it'd seem dated. It's still more entertaining than Spirited Away and its mindfucking, trippy fest though.

I wouldn't argue with that.

Quote :
Quote :

Yes, it is.

I would argue with that.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:41 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
SOK wrote:

I wouldn't argue with that.

I know, right? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the production team was on something when coming up with all the stuff. Hell, I still put in my mind that the whole film was just Chihiro being high after finding some shady substance and was curious enough to try some.

SimianWonder wrote:

Kaio wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

Yes, it is.

I would argue with that.

I would watch.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:08 pm

SOK wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
]
Kaio wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

Yes, it is.

I would argue with that.

I would watch.
I would watch, also.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:27 am

I stopped reading the list when the ghost in the shell movie was there that film sucks

Kaio wrote:

Thats what girls normally say. Unless this is a film that helps you seduce women i totally don't get this as a choice for number 1.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 am

How to Train Your Dragon made top 25?

It's a great movie but come on, guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time   IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGN Top 25 Animated Films of All Time
Page 1 of 1