Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Empty
PostSubject: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:57 pm

As the title implies, it's based on Journey to the West. Looks pretty fun too. Been a while since there was a good action platformer like this.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on this game for a short while now. Looking forward to it. It's neat how Andy Serkis is playing Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:32 am

wtf that looks exactly like bionic commando o_O

the gameplay is different but the world and environments look exactly like it
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Demo out on the EU PSN.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Aussie too? =C
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Wait, when does our store update again? Was it today(Wednesday) or tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm

There's an AU store?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:35 pm

I guess, unless we share the same store or something. Either way, I'll check later. Really looking forward to the final game. Hopefully it'll have a lot of content too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Barely any games have a lot of content these days. Which is a shame since this is the kind of game that would really benefit from it. Unfortunately the 3 extra sets of outfits are all pre-order bonuses for different retailers. You still have to beat the game to use them though.

I at least hope it has a bunch of collectibles and shit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:51 pm

I hope the game won't be too short at least.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Well, the demo was awesome. They've definitely took some notes from Uncharted 2 with the platforming sections. Combat looks and feels nice. Basic movement control and the camera were an issue at the very start, because they both feel a little too sensitive, but I got used to it quickly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:15 am

There's also a Hard difficulty. Not many enemies in the demo, but they had more health and seemed a bit more aggressive.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Just tried the XBL demo, thought it looked really good. I mean that it boths senses as well, it looks really good in that the graphics are excellent, it's a very impressive looking game, and the game feels nice to play. Granted in the demo you're not doing much more than holding in one direction and spamming 'jump', but the combat system looks to have real depth and the brief 'preview' shot at the end of the demo had some awesome looking bosses.

And hey, there's always the vague similarity to a post apocalyptic DB to add to the nostalgia feeling.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:51 am

The pre-order price just dropped a couple quid at GAME. I just want the damn game to be here already. I kept thinking it was coming out a week earlier than it was for some reason.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Anyone know if there's any discernable diference between the PS3 / 360 games?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 pm

The demos were noticeably different. Both version are capped at 30fps, but the 360 keeps it up there more consistently than the PS3 does. Both dip, but the PS3 more so. PS3 demo also had more screen tearing. Both versions have motion blur, but the 360 has more motion blur than the PS3. This isn't noticeable during gameplay, but during the cutscenes the 360's motion blur really sticks out. I actually preferred the PS3's lack of motion blur in cutscenes.

Other than that, they're pretty much identical to the naked eye. There's slightly different effects going on it each version, and the 360 has higher res soft shadows, but it's not anything you can really notice just by playing the game.

As for comparing the retail versions, all I know is that IGN gave the 360's graphics 8.5 and the PS3's graphics 8.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:53 am

I must admit that even though I liked the platforming, I thought it was a bit slow.
The cutscenes that didn't use the in-game engine were absolutely marvellous, though, and blew me away, especially the voice acting and movement of the characters.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm

In the demo only the ending cutscene was pre-rendered I believe. It was a noticeable shift on both consoles.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Still haven't looked at the PS3 demo, though I suppose I should. I'll definitely buy it at some point, but it'll likely be a few months down the line.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 pm

This is the worst platformer ever... Its like impossible to fall off what is even the point.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Eh, didn't bother me. I was more annoyed when I realised Monkey automatically pulls himself up from hanging on a ledge.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:51 pm

I honestly feel like I'm playing an RPG, i'm pressing X to watch a guy move from ledge to ledge.seeing as he takes care of all the hard bits. To test out this game I jumped into a after burner, while the flame was on I survived >_>.

Does look very nice, would never pay full price for this feels way to casual for me, may pick it up when its cheap though. Guess i'll pick up forgotten sands.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Do you have Just Cause 2 yet?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Nope i keep getting distracted, although that might be a good idea, I was planning on doing a huge lets play of that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Bah, I was hoping the game would arrive today as I have a day off. No such luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West   Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next