Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey

Go down 
+4
Maskull
Skip
Kimarous
Neo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 am

I don't know but it's two artsy fartsy games fo £9. I'm buying it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am

when you download them let me know if they are worth it, i was thinking fo getting sonic 4 episode 2 as well if thats still on sale
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:13 am

I've just been on a journey with someone, and it was amazing.

You have to play to the end in one go if you buy this buu, it's only a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I've just been on a journey with someone, and it was amazing.

You have to play to the end in one go if you buy this buu, it's only a few hours.
Did you get lucky?

Damn i wasn't gonna buy it as i have too much i haven't played and they always make these freebies. I'll think about it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 am

I doubt Journey will be a freebie for a while, if ever. They already gave Plus a week early release.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Played through this again. I want to find all the little symbols to get that nice white cloak. Met a white cloak person while playing and they showed me where some of the ones I missed were, but they were going through the game really fast and they left me behind.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 am

You only have to use two buttons in this game, and I swear I ran into someone who forgot one of them. Must have spent twenty minutes trying to get "Press fucking circle!" across. Even ran in circles around him. Gave up and went ahead without him in the end.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 pm

This deal ends at midnight tonight (GMT).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:51 am

This is pretty good, i've tried my best to ignore all pointers but then end up going along the path setup for me thats kinda cool, i'mon what i can only describe as stage 3

Just finished that stage and it seems like im' flying through this game section are taking just a few minutes.

This game definitely illustrates dichotomy and dualism wonderfully.

I met a player and they were pretty useless as they just wanted to activate everything adn leave me behind the haters. I've got most if not all the power ups so far i think unless tehy are in dumb place.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:09 am

Finished it, I completed most of the sections with the same guy/girl which was nice, although i'll never know who they were. I was kinda sad when I thought they died apparently they had a little more health than i thought.

In summary though:
Every so often a game comes along that makes you rethink your stance on video games in general not being art yet, this one got me more involved in the story than most recent games have without using any text or speech.

It's pretty expensive for around 2-3 hours of playtime but Flower was like that too and it was still amazing. It made me feel emotions at times which is pretty impressive for a game because I usually laugh at the attempts to tug on heartstrings a lot of games have.

Long boring version:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 am

Seriously though, its strange it wasn't like amazing or anything, but it was genuinely entertaining. Next time I play i'm gonna friend anyone who was awesome on my playthrough. I have to say liking your buddy is what makes this game good, apparently i played with 5 people i didn't pay attn to who was who though which sucks. Some people were really useful others useless.

There isn't much gameplay but at the same time its kinda just visually appealing, in many ways i prefer flower, but at the same time this is amazing to on other ways it seems a bit too simplistic at times which can stop it from being great. All in all its worth playing and its really hard to comment on this game in the usual vein.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Long boring version:
Spoiler:
My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Ok so i got my white cloak but i'm still missing the final design, guess one more playthrough is in need, i wonder if i'll figure out how to cross that bridge
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 am

With the white cloak you can just jump across the bridge as soon as you enter the area, assuming you get the 3 symbols in the first area.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
With the white cloak you can just jump across the bridge as soon as you enter the area, assuming you get the 3 symbols in the first area.

Oh i jumped up from the ground, I completed it a third time nd unlocked everything doubt i'll play this again anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 am

If you haven't gotten War in the North yet do it now, my copy has arrived which means Skip's probably will tomorrow. Think of all the new trophies.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:01 am

I would definitely buy that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow, I had no idea that this was one of those games with a fanbase dedicated to picking it apart.

I got the urge to play it again and went through with my white cloak, and met another white cloak. I was just doing the normal stuff but then they started singing a lot and I couldn't see them. Eventually I spotted them way out of bounds, in the sky. They came back down and showed me how to get out of the level and all the weird shit that goes on behind the scenes.

It was great. Got outside of the bridge level into areas on either side, there's part of the pink desert behind the exit too. A massive hole in the ground with clouds in it, a giant sand dune with some weird mural floating above it. If you go too far out the screen just goes black.

Eventually they had to quit because they got stuk in the scenery, but it was enough to make me look this stuff up and there is tons of crazy shit that people do this game. There's all kinds of out of bounds glitches and different flying techniques for speed boosts. For so weird reason you can convert downward momentum into upward momentum but I haven't been able to figure that out yet.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Man that sucks there's no way i can get you to show me this is there?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

There are ways to join up with specific people, or at least make it more likely.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I've got to say that was pretty fucking awesome. I honestly think some of the secret hidden stuff is genuinely cooler than the in game content. It was also a bit creepy in a weird unsettling kinda way. Also me getting lost in the infinite darkness is something that is nightmare fuel.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:18 pm

We should have triggered the water in the tower before going outside. At least up the dragon's room, so we could get back inside. Only trouble is it's very murky so you can see very far outside. But there's a secret flOw creature there. There's one that shows up at the bottom of the tower after you trigger all the murals in the tower, but there's a second one that doesn't appear normally. Although it was clearly meant to at one point, because if you sing to it it swims of the dragon's room and stays there, just like the other one does in the room at the bottom of the tower.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:10 pm

You can get out of bounds on the snow level too, but you need a partner really because otherwise you freeze up and can't explore at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm

ah ok that sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2