Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, this Playstation Plus thing...

Go down 
+4
Eevil-Psycho
BlackChaosDragon
myownninja
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So, this Playstation Plus thing... Empty
PostSubject: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

From what I gather, the free games seem to be the biggest incentive to get it, even though there's a catch.

Every month, Sony chooses one PSN game, one PS1 game, and two Minis to that will be free for PS+ subscribers. But the games only remain active for as long as you're a subscriber. So with a 1 year subscription, in total you'll have a choice of 12 PS1 games, 12 PSN games, and 24 Minis, all for free. They're only free for the month they're on offer though, and when your subscription runs out, the games are no longer playable. So you'll have to renew your subscription each year if you want to keep playing the games.
Back to top Go down
myownninja
Arting Starvist
myownninja

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

pretty much yeah, but with all the free games you get most will continue with subscriptions just to see what games they get the next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.storywrite.com/mylivingmelody
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 pm

... I cant say there anything truly special about PSN plus now that i have it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 pm

it's a lot better now than when it was first out.

I mean, free full PS3 games every month? that's pretty awesome.. that alone far succeeds the price you even pay for it..
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:08 pm

I miss Qore...
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

I mean, free full PS3 games every month? that's pretty awesome.. that alone far succeeds the price you even pay for it..

yeah but they're games i wouldn't think twice about playing.... i hope at the very least the'll be soming awesome showing up soon...
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:14 pm

well ok, i'm sure there's gonna be more games that you will like.

i think there's 3 new games each month.. 3 old ones are removed and exchanged for 3 new ones, and then again next month, etc etc..
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm

then you should have waited for a deal you wanted
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

It won't necessarily mean new retail titles every month. Just 3 new PSN and/or retail titles every month. I think the US only got PSN titles this month.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
yeah but they're games i wouldn't think twice about playing....
Play them anyway, you might be surprised. Getting to try stuff I'd never look twice at has been the biggest benefit of Plus for me.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 pm

This is more than I was expecting. Dead Space 2 for EU today, as well as Rock of Ages, which is a new PSN game. Then later on in the month there's Retro/Grade (some indie space shooter) as well as two more retail titles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm getting kind of irritated by the number of these games i've got... Damn i hope this doesn't keep on happening. I don't really want to trade in my dead space as its the limited edition with extraction on the disc.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm

woooooo, Dead Space 2, i totally remember saying I still had to get this some day.. and now I can get it for free, nice.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Apparently in September we're getting RDR, Doube Dragon Neon and Machinarium.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I literally have owned every single one of these games at some point or other...

I guess it would be cool to play RDR again though.

Can't wait for double dragon though that should be fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
DarkAkatosh
Deck Hand
DarkAkatosh

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:08 pm

If only the EU service matched that of the US. That said, my sub runs out in another week so I need to and will be renewing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm

The US PS+ users have been bitching like hell since E3 because we've been getting bluray titles every month and they haven't recieved a single one yet. After the initial line-up from June the US has had nothing but PSN games.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:26 am

which is nothing to really bitch about
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:26 am

Oh, also there's supposed to be 25% off offer for Plus subscriptions in September, which is convenient as mine runs out in October. I've been waiting for an offer like this before buying any more Plus time.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:39 am

is this for US too?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 am

No idea.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:42 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh, also there's supposed to be 25% off offer for Plus subscriptions in September, which is convenient as mine runs out in October. I've been waiting for an offer like this before buying any more Plus time.
Could i extend mine at that time?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:10 pm

You can buy extra time whenever and it stacks.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Yup, RDR, Machinarium and a 25% discount on the subscription tomorrow, then Scott Pilgrim and Double Dragon on the 12th.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:04 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yup, RDR, Machinarium and a 25% discount on the subscription tomorrow, then Scott Pilgrim and Double Dragon on the 12th.
only two new games for me D:
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 am

we don't get a subscription discount apparently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, this Playstation Plus thing...   So, this Playstation Plus thing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, this Playstation Plus thing...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next