Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Empty
PostSubject: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:50 pm

If you care i'll post all the story, so tell me please. Tell me if this first part was too detailed.

Alright am going to finish this game. I'll outline the first couple of books storywise so you can follow i'm playing the third book now so below is a summary.

How it works:
Basically there are 5 characters you play through each in order, combat is sidescrolling. It basically becomes tactical depedning on equips and not over hitting if you over hit your character tires out. There's some cool elements like eating, cooking, alchemy, plant growing which you all do mid battle. You take the souls of your victims and put them in your weapon to power it does this by pressing a button no menu or anything. So basically if you take damage you weat and your health increases i.e. health level. If you kill things you can use the souls to grow plants for eating (i use it for alchemy as alchemy produces souls oh i guess i should use the game term phozons >_>, as this makes no sense otherwise).

First Character: Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn is a valkyrie, fights with a spear has a floating attack. Has some cool magic her last ability shadow ally is awesome basically means you have a double mimicking your attacks for mass ownage.

Her story:
Goes to battle her sister dies, she is told to take her spear. She does tells her dad her sister is dead. Her dad is demon lord odin a king he's the biggest dick i've seen i anything for a while. He doesn't seem to care although he says he doe, but its not time to grieve or something. He wants to steal a cauldron from the fairies so he can make more weapons that eat phozons (souls) as these are very powerful. So gwendolyn fights a battle, beats on a dragon called belial (who is under wizard control), despite this said cauldron doesn't work. Find out Velvet took a ring that deactivates it. Gwendolyn fights velvet and odin stops the fight you find out there half sisters something odin never mentioned. Velvet hates odin as he slept with her mom and ended up getting her killed as she was a princess of a now destroyed land called valentine and sleeping with the enemy is treason or something. A land destroyed due to using the cauldron >_>. So odin is a freaking genius aparently this stuff is initiating a phophecy for the apocalypse.

Anyway a guy called brigand overhears and says velvet should be executed. His plan is to execute her to piss off odin then say how velvet his bastard daughter was commiting treason and then over throw odin. Gwendolyn beats on him. She is exiled and forced to marry the evil shadow knight and stop fighting (shadow knight was working for the fairies). The shadow knight says he loves her (ok so apparentlyl he's misunderstood) and he gives her the ring titrel he obtained from slaying a powerful dragon called wagner (everyone fights him he's a dick and an angry dragon). The ring titrel will activate the cauldron so gwendolyn runs to her dad and gives it to him. He tries to kill her turns out brigand possesses him he's defeated easily. Odin seems to like gwendolyn for once. He trocked the shadow knight who genuinely loves gwendolyn into getting the ring for her. Gwendolyn seems to think the dad is a dick and refuses to return home and goes to see her husband.

Oswald has gone to the fire kingdom to slay an invincible dragon, because odin promised the fire king gwendolyn for marriage. Yeah odin is seriously a dick. But oswald seems to be weakened so gwendolyn goes to his rescue. She defeats the dragon leventhan (cutest dragon ever, its a baby with a crooked crown and broken eggshell on its head). All seems well right? That dragon was the dragon to destroy the world, but we defeated it. Anyway Oswald hears that Gwendolyn gave the ring to her father the symbol of there love. Dejected he loses his will to live. Turns out his power was given at a price demons try to steal his soul constantly, but he no longer is putting up a fight due to emoness. Gwendolyn doesn't know what happens though as she is too busy looking for the ring, she feels bad realising how much the ring meant to oswald. Apparently her all powerful dad got beaten up by a fairy >_>

This (not to scale >_> she's like a tenth of his size):
Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) 197885-os_odin_thumb
Got beaten by this:
Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Yamato_mercedes04

Anyway Gwendolyn has to fight mercedes to get the ring that was stolen from her dad. She gets it. Her dad wants it back, she says take me to the netherworld to find her husband. He takes her only odin can traverse apparently or knows how at least. Anyway she kills the queen of the netherworld to get oswald back. Uh this is a big nono apparently. The queen was the bridge between the netherworld and living world. Not sure the effect of this but the queens dying words basically tell you your screwed. Anyway next character.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm

I have this game. I got about an hour in and got bored. Haven't played it since.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Borrowed this game from Baal a while back. I got about an hour in and got bored. Haven't played it since.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 am

Uh spoiler function is broken i'll just turn this post into quotes for now and spoiler later.

This game seriously just gets better and better as you go along.

Second Character: Cornelius the Pooka Prince

He is turned into a pooka meaning he looks like a rabbit he's short and fast very fun to play with.

Story:
He is the prince of titania (a human) and having secret meetings with the prince of valentine. Valentine was destroyed as mentioned earlier so his dad doesn't like this the princess is Velvet who was mentioned earlier (Odin's bastard daughter). After this he awakes in the Netherworld as a Pooka. He wants to find Velvet a mysterious voice gives him a sword that has a psypher in it so it absorbs phozons (every character has an equivalent weapon).

A ghost in the underworld will lead him to the queen if he takes him with him. The queen is pissed off but he defeats her and she lets him go, she says the pooka curse is a really bad one and he's screwed. He is captured by Odin's men when he escapes, Odin be's a complete dick again and tells him to fight the racist Brigan who he defeats (Odin thought this would kill him gwendolyn comments he always asks for ppl to do impossible tasks). He completes the task and goes n his merry way.

When he returns to titania there is an imposter. Who says he will break up with velvet. We find out that the shapeshifter is actually Ingway, this is Velvet's brother (good job he wanted to break it off seriously >_>). Ingway wants the titanian kingdoms hidden power. Cornelius realises he's boned and he can't kill the imposter as he's his loves brother. He also runs from velvet as he doesn't want her to see him like this.

A mage shows up and tells cornelius to chat to a dragon called hindel for help. Turns out Hindel isn't there but the angry Wagner is... Great. He defeats wagner but doesn't slay him so Wagner takes him to the pooka village. Turns out all valentinians when the kingdom was destroyed were turned into pookas if there heart was good and goblins if there heart was bad. Only way to return to human form is find all the valentinian currency in the world... apparently the king poured his magic into the coins to share it with the ppl.

Cornelius fights Mercedes because she attacks Velvet who is trying to stop her using the cauldron. The ghost who came out of netherworld with cornelius turns out to be King Valentine and he's a bit mental now. He wants his coins to get his magic back and wants the ring titrel for some reason. He gets goblins to invade the pooka village and kill pookas cornelius stops them and takes the fight to them. Valentine has made an egg and giv es it his crown and this gives birth to the Dragon Leventhan the destroyer of all... he's still cute though. Turns out the sword cornelius carries slayed the beast that protected titania against valentine. The beast was his grandfather i think and his dad did the killing. I think the beast also destroyed valentine or king valentine did that i'm not sure. The power Ingway was looking for was to become the beast that King gallom (former king of titania had).

Cornelius now goes to face the mage who is trying to usurp the throne (the guy who made him fight wagner). This wizard is challenged by Ingway, apparently he backstabbed him (we find out why later). Cornelius fights the dragon belial and slays him. Belial kills the annoying mage in his death throes not sure what happened to ingway. Also Belial was being controlled by 3 mages this was one of the 3.

His book ends with him telling his father he can't be a prince as a pooka and him telling velvet he's a pooka, she says she still loves him... yeah that kinda gross.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 am

DAMMIT! and MON and i found this great fanart for just this occaision! the dialogue is:

Cornelius: "You see? This is what I have become. This is why I cannot love you."
Velvet: "Well actually, I have this huge bestiality fetish..."
Cornelius: "...What?"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 am

Quote :
Apparently her all powerful dad got beaten up by a fairy >_>

Well it's pretty hard not to when her crossbow has been infused with a fucking crystal that can bring down his most powerful weapon.

But yes, it is a fantastic game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:05 am

Baal wrote:
Quote :
Apparently her all powerful dad got beaten up by a fairy >_>

Well it's pretty hard not to when her crossbow has been infused with a fucking crystal that can bring down his most powerful weapon.

But yes, it is a fantastic game.

IMO he is probably the easiest boss in the game, even easier then some sub boss events.
For someone who's meant to be in control of everything, he was useless once he lost his balor.
Even in the boss fight the balor is useless.

Pretty much his portrayal in game is terrible, if they made him look more powerful in battle i may have thought something, but he comes across as a tanker with little to no fighting ability in game. Its quite easy to see why he gets his ass kicked by at least 3 characters.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Oh yeah, he's piss easy in battle.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Oh i thought i actually wrote a whole plot synopsis for this. Does anyone want me to finish this?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:41 am

I might actually bother doing it whenever I feel like not being lazy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 pm

I'll probably do this anyway, its story is one of the best things so would be cool to finish this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)   Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odin Sphere: Playthrough (story synopsis)
Page 1 of 1