Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today

Go down 
+11
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Zero
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Neo
Talking Sock
Skip
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 am

Hulk smash?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:18 am

Totally.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 am

Saw some wolves walk off a cliff.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 am

Some wolfs chased me into a river and they drowned.

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:56 pm

The free co-op DLC is out now, it's a 15mb download so you have no excuse not to get it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:30 pm

My excuse for not getting it is that I'll end up having to play it with Sora.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:38 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
My excuse for not getting it is that I'll end up having to play it with Sora.
I'm sorry, man. Shooting your dude in the back when you least expect it is just too fun.

But who cares, I'm busy with WFC right now. =P
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Can't find any damn beavers.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:10 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Just like real life?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:43 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I found a lot easily just outside of Blackwater right by the river there.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 am

I know that I'm not that far into the game; heck, the last thing I did was get my lasso and a new horse (BTW, how do you get a saddle for new horses?), but I feel compelled to ask...

Who else was surprised at how likable the protagonist is? Most sandbox games I've seen have had assholish or morally ambigious protagonist; it's rather refreshing to have the character apologize for bumping into somebody.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 am

If you hitch a horse at a safehouse it will replace whatever horse used to come when you press up. The next time it gets loaded, ie: if you save your game at the safehouse or move far enough away for it to have to 'respawn', it should be saddled.

The fact that John Marston is a good man is actually one of the main points of the story, I won't ruin anything for you though.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:57 am

I've already gotten that impression. I'm just surprised just HOW likable he is, especially compared to other protagonists by Rockstar.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:09 am

That's true, I can't say I felt much sympathy for Niko or CJ and the like.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:44 am

Well, I've been playing this for a while now and I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying myself. Some glitches are annoying, though; just a moment ago, I had to reset the console because the screen went (mostly) black and I couldn't see shit. Also stupid clipping issue with the Duster costume making the lower half stick out through his waist like a friggin' apron.

I also took a shot at online for a while. The absence of civilian NPCs is... eerie. For some reason, I have trouble connecting to other people, at least in random matches, so it keeps shoving me to a new server more often than not. Finally I ended up on an empty server (or rather, the one other person quit), so I got to spend some time attacking a gang hideout by myself. Got a few new guns (thank god) and got up to Level 3. I just hope that sooner or later I unlock a mount that isn't a fucking donkey!

By the way... Atkinson and Moose, I don't have your PSN identification. Let me know so that we can try multiplayer sometime. You too, Sora (but I already have yours).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:35 am

Michael Atkinson wrote:
That's true, I can't say I felt much sympathy for Niko or CJ and the like.

thats because they were twats

Tommy Vercetti was a g
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:09 am

I need a little help. Half the time I royally fuck up during duels because my guy wouldn't fucking shoot! I draw, I paint him up... but he won't actually FIRE! What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:53 am

Kimarous wrote:
I need a little help. Half the time I royally fuck up during duels because my guy wouldn't fucking shoot! I draw, I paint him up... but he won't actually FIRE! What am I doing wrong?

Draw right when it tells you to and then whenever the reticle flashes white, that's when to press R2, keep marking your opponent's body and his head when it flashes white each time and you'll win.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:58 am

SOK wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
Draw right when it tells you to and then whenever the reticle flashes white, that's when to press R2, keep marking your opponent's body and his head when it flashes white each time and you'll win.
Well, for one, I usually go for a disarm unless it seems appropriate (see: quest duels). I paint them up, but Marston sometimes refuses to shoot. Why?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 am

Well then you'll just have to be lucky and time the white flashes when trying to disarm your foe. If you end up doing so perfectly, your gauge at the bottom will be higher than the other guy's and that's how Marston ends up shooting first.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:08 am

The little bars in the bottom right.

You gotta get the blue one higher than the red one or you die.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:42 am

If you're disarming in a duel, hit their hand right when the marker is the smallest and it should completely fill the bar.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 am

Michael Atkinson wrote:
If you're disarming in a duel, hit their hand right when the marker is the smallest and it should completely fill the bar.
This is truth.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:50 pm

By the way, where does one acquire dynamite? The only time I've seen dynamite sticks has been during that one mission where Landon Ricketts uses it to blow open Luisa's cell door.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 am

Haha, you've probably passed me now. I haven't played in ages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next