Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japan likes its animation

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
Kaio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Japan likes its animation Empty
PostSubject: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Quote :
Females in Their Twenties
1 Doraemon 62.4%
2 Dragon Ball franchise 59.2%
3 One Piece 51.2%
4 Mobile Suit Gundam franchise 47.2%
5 Lupin III franchise 44.8%

Wait i got a >50% chance of find a japanese girl my age into one piece, i may have to consider going out with an asian again
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:40 pm

It's cool to see that the majority of the Japanese public, or at least those surveyed, gave good responses. Seriously. Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest, Osamu Tezuka... They're pretty good ambassadors for "Cool Japan".

Also, I've never heard that phrase before.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:16 pm

People I've spoken to who live in Japan say time and time again that the kawaii shit, the creepy hentai and the general stuff weeaboos fap to isn't all that popular in Japan as people make it out to be. It's an extreme minority who's into that shit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Looked up Doraemon because I've never heard of it before. Art style reminds me of Charlie Brown.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Kaio wrote:
People I've spoken to who live in Japan say time and time again that the kawaii shit, the creepy hentai and the general stuff weeaboos fap to isn't all that popular in Japan as people make it out to be. It's an extreme minority who's into that shit.

It's cute that you believe them.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm pretty certain Greg Werner is a more trustworthy source than you.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Japanese cuisine is better than any anime or manga.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Kaio wrote:
I'm pretty certain Greg Werner is a more trustworthy source than you.

Sure.

Anyway I always poked fun at Japan for being a bit juvenile but I didn't realize it was this excessive. What do they exactly see in animation that we don't? Look at me, I'm a freaking aspiring artist who worships animation and even I know it's nothing THAT special.

So what's the big deal? Are they reading some seriously kickass comics that they don't want to reveal to the rest of the world or something? Maybe it's because of that giant Gundam statue. I knew it'd become their God.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:13 pm

They probaby dress up some random people in Power Ranger costumes and sacrifice them to their new Gundam overlord.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Well, animation pretty much is Japan's largest cultural export, so it hardly surprising.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah. One of my Japanese friends' parents probably like anime more than he does. Everytime I brought up some particular series I was getting interested in, he'd start rambling about how his Mom and crap is into some character and such.

He even showed some of my old art to them.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:31 pm

If Japan stopped producing anime and manga, I bet the entire country would plunge into a depression
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:36 pm

They could easily cope with it. They still have their giant monsters and the Power Rangers.

Last edited by Sora on Fri May 21, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Buu's an idiot)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:20 am

Sora wrote:
They could easily cope with it. They still have their Power Rangers and their unconvincing monster suits.

YOU DID NOT JUST DIS POWER RANGERS

seriously its like godzila for kids, although some godzilla stuff did look aimed at kids but whatever

japanese foods alright, they seriously overprice it though and there food isn't that great quality to put that kinda price on it
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:26 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
They could easily cope with it. They still have their Power Rangers and their unconvincing monster suits.

seriously its like godzila for kids, although some godzilla stuff did look aimed at kids but whatever

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about BOTH Power Rangers AND Japan's monsters. As in Godzilla and so forth. Not Power Rangers' monsters(hell, their monsters actually looked less stupid because they didn't have fatass legs half the time).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:28 am

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about BOTH Power Rangers AND Japan's monsters. As in Godzilla and so forth. Not Power Rangers' monsters(hell, their monsters actually looked less stupid because they didn't have fatass legs half the time).

never actually seen the japanese power rangers not really sure if its done as cheesily as our version
its hard to take those guys seriously
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:28 am

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

never actually seen the japanese power rangers not really sure if its done as cheesily as our version
its hard to take those guys seriously
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:30 am

Our Power Rangers used the exact same footage that they used in monster fights(or at least most of them I think).

The only difference between the Sentai shit and Power Rangers is the fact that one has over the top Japanese actors while the other has bland actors.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:32 am

Sora wrote:
Our Power Rangers used the exact same footage that they used in monster fights(or at least most of them I think).

The only difference between the Sentai shit and Power Rangers is the fact that one has over the top Japanese actors while the other has bland actors.

I thought the less sharper scenes were japanese, and a lot of the time when you see those scenes japanese ppl are running from the scene (despite the fact the places there in generally have none)

I guess your right the acting would still be bad just bad in a different way
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:36 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

I thought the less sharper scenes were japanese, and a lot of the time when you see those scenes japanese ppl are running from the scene (despite the fact the places there in generally have none)

I guess your right the acting would still be bad just bad in a different way

Power Rangers used Japanese stock footage for almost everything in the first series. The only time you'd have new American footage was during the scenes where the Rangers weren't in their suits and stuff. Later on there was a lot more American footage once they started to afford their own sets of costumes and so on. Even Japanese footage of fight scenes were made specifically for the English version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan likes its animation   Japan likes its animation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan likes its animation
Page 1 of 1