Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)

Go down 
+6
Skip
Zero
Kimarous
Neo
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:32 am

Other than Raven's Cry apparently still being developed...

SOK wrote:
Nothing.

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Tumblr_lytwbmHUlz1r2hskto2_250
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Risen 2 surely can't be that bad, this is from rockpapershotgun:

Quote :
Ah, you’ve got me. Yes, perhaps the key reason I felt a certain fondness for Risen 2 despite its many boo-boos was because it includes an option to have a pet monkey. Not just a cute little devil to follow me around, oh no – a monkey I can take control of then use it to rob the place blind.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 am

http://www.shacknews.com/article/82131/ravens-cry-delayed-into-may-2014

Quote :
When Raven's Cry publisher TopWare announced that it had taken development away from Octane Games and over to Reality Pump, it optimistically planned to launch the game by the end of this year. Three months later, it's pushed the piratical action-RPG back a fair bit, announcing a release date of May 7, 2014.

Raven's Cry is to be a grim and gritty pirate adventure, with murder and all that. Players will step into the floppy boots of pirate captain Christopher Raven, off to get revenge and treasure and whatnot. On the RPG side, it has skills and mods for ships, as well as new abilities and weapons for young Chris. One of the changes Reality Pump has made to the blueprint is turning it open-world, having dabbled in such things before with the Two Worlds games.

"Sadly, production hasn't moved forward in the way we wanted, so we had to make the tough decision to hand it over to the veterans at Reality Pump," TopWare said after it made the switch.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:45 am

I don't know if I can go through that roller-coaster of emotion again.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:20 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 am

Fuck it let's just become real pirates.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:02 am

We wouldn't last a day. Did you see those beards some of the pirates have out there?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:17 am

Asscreed 4 is actually a pretty good pirate game, even if the assassin bits are still a bit mediocre. Good enough for me to buy the game after pirating it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:47 pm

There's a pirate game coming out with a name like Kaio, I think we should all buy it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 pm

I'll tell you what Buu, you get it and if it's any good I'll get it after.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:03 pm

oh crap its on 3ds. I thought that looked cool, plus they made little king's story and i liked that.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Just another reason to buy a 3DS I guess.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Started playing Risen 2, nothing special, it's alright though. I seem to be having a stable frame rate though a lot of people have complained that drops.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:28 pm

I don't know why, but i'm really enjoying this game even though its pretty bad all round. The dialogue is pretty funny as everyone is vulgar. Also you can get a pet monkey to rob people. This is possiby my main incentive to play the game.

also with dialogue like you should get a monkey, "women love to pet your monkey" this is obviously a shakespearean level of dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:03 pm

What is the combat like? Can you approach it in different ways to keep it fresh?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Na its terrible, like really bad. I'm spamming melee and then taking pot shots with the pistol, apparently the muskets are awesome but i haven't been able to get one yet. You are suppose to be able to use Voodoo/monkeys/parrots in fights. I think when i beat this island the game will really open up, i'm just trying not to miss anything so its taking me ages.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 pm

The dialogue in this is great, you can be a douche to everyone, also there doesn't seem to be a consequence of how you deal with a situation. Although I've got the ability to shoot people in the head while talking I haven't tried it, but intimidation, silver tongue or just beating the shit out of people seems to work fine.

The monkey is great.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Shoot someone in the head while talking and post results please.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:26 am

When the guy talks you literally shoot them in the face.  It doesn't kill them though they just get KOed.  I'm guessing its so you won't accidentally kill someone important and can still do all your general shit.

I will say that though I don't think this game is worth much in terms of price to pay cause its just really badly designed in so many ways.  The fact is if you're looking for a pirate game this is actually pretty damn good.  I like the environments although like i've mentioned before combat is terrible, but this might be because i seem to suck at parrying so i can't do anything fancy, although this could be because i put all my points in the places to make me train a monkey.

The dialogue and general adventuring is fun.  You can pretty much walk anywhere and stumble into a quest which makes walking around seem to have more of a point than most games.  You can complete a quest then find a quest giver and your guy will be like oh i did that already and you'll still get the quest rewards so you don't even need a guide for this.

There's been at least 2/3 moments where I was really impressed at how you could solve a situation.  I'll just say the erratic behaviour of one of the characters, which actually did make a lot of sense given the context was fucking hilarious.  Also how I dealt with one of the bosses in a unconventional way and yet the game rewarded me for doing it.  Just be prepared to have a glitchy experience (although i've not had frame rate drops, I did have 1 freeze though).  There's probably mods for this if you play on PC to.

It really comes down to do you just want to play as a pirate, or are you looking for a hack and slash RPG. The pirate theme is done well. The combat is handled very badly though so just find another game you can hold a gun in one hand and a sword in the other.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:33 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
It really comes down to do you just want to play as a pirate, or are you looking for a hack and slash RPG.

I want to play as a pirate in a good RPG.

I want that...

I want... that...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:42 am

You guys need to just accept that pirates are crap.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:02 am

What the hell did pirates ever do to you, Nonny?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:05 am

Pirates of the Carribbean 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:15 am

Hollywood's fault.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:23 am

I think Nonny's just mad that a pirate could beat a moose in a fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next