Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gonna read Thriller Bark now

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
Kaio
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Gonna read Thriller Bark now Empty
PostSubject: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Maybe reading it in a volume will be a better experience.

Then again, it's Viz.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Well, Zoro just acknowledged that Luffy beat up a God in Skypiea.

WHY DIDN'T THEY SAY THIS IN SKYPIEA ITSELF.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:15 pm

maybe they use god now because they heard how ppl got pissed about the other shit
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I doubt they were surprised about the complaints. They changed the entire character of Eneru with their Kami shit.

Also, I never noticed this before but in Water Seven and now at the beginning of Thriller Bark, Luffy continously mentions how he's going to meet a living skeleton. Nice foreshadowing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Kaio wrote:
I doubt they were surprised about the complaints. They changed the entire character of Eneru with their Kami shit.

Also, I never noticed this before but in Water Seven and now at the beginning of Thriller Bark, Luffy continously mentions how he's going to meet a living skeleton. Nice foreshadowing.

was that in the original manga?
that sounds really retarded
he apparently is a clairvoyant now
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:21 pm

No, it was more like how people talked about the Florian Triangle and its demons and Luffy immediately jumped the gun about there being a living skeleton.

It's like how Usopp's lies tend to come true too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:22 pm

its kinda nice rewaching or rereading one piece with how it all seems so planned

as opposed to naruto where thinigs are retconned every few seconds
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:24 pm

So I'm now at the beginning of the Oars fight (same place as Moose!) and I have to say it's still incredibly boring. I appreciate Oda's worldbuilding, especially in Skypiea it was amazing, but here it just seems like pointless filler and I just wanted to get to the story parts.

I think it's a whole lot worse than the War arc, which also gets flak for its pacing, but at least that arc is amazing when reading it in one go (aside from the continuous Luffy getting resuced when in a pinch every episode). I think even Enies Lobby was better paced than Thriller Bark (though EL has its own problems that make it pretty bad).

Will continue reading next month when the new volumes come out (yay Sabaody in volume form!). The Oars fight was pretty great, so that should be a treat at least.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:26 pm

He was called Oz when I was reading it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:29 pm

His grandson or whatever shows up in the War arc and his pirate flag reads Oars.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Quote :
I think it's a whole lot worse than the War arc,

The arc that centered around the two characters I don't give a shit about in the slightest?

Yeah, no.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:38 pm

How can you not give a shit about Whitebeard.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Perhaps Baal was talking about Luffy?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Kaio wrote:

There's nothing interesting about him.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:43 pm

That wouldn't make any sense, since he apparantly does give a shit about Usopp, Chopper and Nami having waaaaaaaacky adventures, while the latter gets raped.

There's always Crocodile, admirals, Moria etc. to make things fun in the War. In Thriller Bark we had PERONA and ABSALOM. What the fuck. Even Moria didn't become fun until he got off his ass.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Baal wrote:
Kaio wrote:

There's nothing interesting about him.

He's the strongest man in the world. That's all he needs to be to be of interest. It was just great to watch this man pound through everything.

But I guess that's only fun to watch when his name is Aizen.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah, Absalom was boring. Usopp's fight with Perona had it's moments.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Quote :
He's the strongest man in the world. That's all he needs to be to be of interest.

Gonna read Thriller Bark now 401px-Zydrunas_Savickas_lifting_weight

Do you know who this man is, Kai?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:51 pm

A for 200 chapters hyped up quake man?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Baal wrote:
Quote :
He's the strongest man in the world. That's all he needs to be to be of interest.

Gonna read Thriller Bark now 401px-Zydrunas_Savickas_lifting_weight

Do you know who this man is, Kai?

someone who can't cut the sky and can't draw a match with bruce lee or chuck norris
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:52 pm

Oh yeah, Zoro vs Ryuma was pretty cool, but that was mostly because it was once chapter long.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Kaio wrote:
A for 200 chapters hyped up quake man?

So you don't know who he is?

Tell me, do you care about who this man is at all?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:58 pm

No, but I assume he's the strongest man in the world.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Kaio wrote:

Correct. So tell me, why should I give two craps about some man with the title of the Strongest Man in the World?

The answer? I DON'T. I don't give a shit about title's, nor do I give two craps about who your rival was.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Baal wrote:
Kaio wrote:

Correct. So tell me, why should I give two craps about some man with the title of the Strongest Man in the World?

The answer? I DON'T. I don't give a shit about title's, nor do I give two craps about who your rival was.

to be fair a lot of ppl would be interested in bruce lee, as that would be the person best suited for worlds strongest man in this sense
if there was a bruce lee equivalent in this day and age ppl would give a shit, but donnie yen just doesn't get enough respect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna read Thriller Bark now   Gonna read Thriller Bark now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna read Thriller Bark now
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next