Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No SSFIV topic from Baal?

Go down 
+5
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Chuck Bass wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
What are these trial things?

I don't know if they are easier in Super, but many of these combos were very frustrating and not practical for actual matches.

I don't like the gameplay of Street Fighter in general though. Combos are about pressing buttons too fast (that's why many players use turbo controllers), some moves have silly priority and invincibility frames and the games have serious balancing issues. Plus the VAST majority of players online use the same 3 or 4 characters -Ryu, Ken, Sagat and Akuma- who all play very simarly and it gets dull fast chasing them while they only throw fireballs (it felt like I was playing a platformer). Although now with the addition of 10 more characters this might change.

thats generally why playing with friends is better
saying that if you play a decent character with anyone other then those 4 you realise the others are about 10x more dangerous

as far as combos go there are on screen indicators that help you out
the other thing is a lot of cancels and tricks have been used throughout the games, so if you remember those you get a head start
not sure what to comment on in terms of fast button presses, on previous street fighters i managed to compete all trials without too much problem
the trick is if you keep trying a move and your missing it you're probably going too fast
i usually found slowing down helped

I had a similar problem with tekken, in moves like chain throws i used to input button sequences twice during the animations because i found when i did them once i was too fast, doing them twice always guaranteed me the throw
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
as far as combos go there are on screen indicators that help you out
the other thing is a lot of cancels and tricks have been used throughout the games, so if you remember those you get a head start
not sure what to comment on in terms of fast button presses, on previous street fighters i managed to compete all trials without too much problem
the trick is if you keep trying a move and your missing it you're probably going too fast
i usually found slowing down helped

Nah, I just suck.
I couldn't complete most normal trials in SFIV. I can't input the charging motions consistently -this was also my biggest problem when I was trying to play with Lars in Tekken as one of his most important moves has such a motion- and some of the links were ridiculously strict (1 frame window... that's even harder than Mishima's EWGF).

What really turned me off though was that the best/safest way to win is to play very defensively, which is boring.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 pm

e honda players are dicks
i actually played ppl who did that kinda stuff

but thats why i don't even bother with ranked
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 pm

God, I love using Dudley, he's just so many techniques and combinations.

Plus both of his ultra's are fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Oh yeah chou i never asked did you think i was good or crap
i had barely played at that point i don't think i'd even unlocked any characters
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Just finished Hakan's and now I know the wonderful bastard's arsenal.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Street Fighter was always best played with friends, but SF4s online was pretty laggy (which makes a large chunk of the chain combos virtually impossible to do with any consistency) and I can't see myself buying SSF4 on the strength of the single player alone. Were I being critical, I still have a huge soft spot for the game, but I don't think the game does enough to punish scrubs, those online who repeatedly spam one move only. Any projectile moves should have a slightly longer delay to discourage this sort of thing, yet some characters, particularly Sagat and Akuma, seem almost taylor made for spamming. Also, neither the 360 or PS3 pads are that great for this style of game, meaning to really get the most out of it, you need a Fightstick or something similar.

Call me old fashioned, but Street Fighter is still at it's best with a mate sat next to you.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:40 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Street Fighter was always best played with friends, but SF4s online was pretty laggy

Ah, God. What the fuck man, it's like everything's flipped here! When I play Tekken 6, it's bullshit c-lag hell for me online but perfect for all of you. Then when it comes to SFIV, it practically never lagged for me and lots of people seem to point out it actually being laggy.

MIIIIIIINDFUCK.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:50 pm

I played some matches with three bars (out of five) and the game was almost unplayable. In the end, I gave up on anything less than five. The matches I had with Chou were pretty good though, very little lag there.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:54 pm

Wow, that Honda match was stupid. And people rag on Tekken for putting too much emphasis on aggression.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:11 am

Playing Endless Match online in a room with some cool guys on /v/.

We're not all great but we're having a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:12 am

Endless match?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 am

It's a room for multiple people to play.

The first two fight, winner goes on to fight the next person in line and so forth.

We have a thread on /v/ right now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 am

Oh. I thought it was some extra mode or something. What's the player limit in rooms? You could only have 4 people in Tekken, which kind of sucked. You can watch the other matches in between yours, right?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:23 am

we should get a RD lobby set up one day

i need to bring on the old school
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:24 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh. I thought it was some extra mode or something. What's the player limit in rooms? You could only have 4 people in Tekken, which kind of sucked. You can watch the other matches in between yours, right?

Yeah and it's about 8 people I believe.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Holy shit. Even the AI turtles in this game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 pm

is it turtling or doing fuck all

cause depending on dfficulty they sometimes literally do nothing
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Guile and Honda actually turtle.

Tried out some of the character trials. Get stuck around number 10 for each one. Out of the characters I've briefly tried, I think I like Chun-li the most. Ibuki seems pretty easy to play as well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:04 pm

i doubt i'd have played this till monday so i can't comment on the new guys

but yeah a good chun li player can be excellent so not a bad one to stick with
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm

I had one online match as well. It was a Ryu who did the same jump kick, low kick shoryuken combo for most of the match.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 pm

It was 3 bars and ran smoothly too.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Alright, well, don't expect to see me on PSN for another 24 hours. I just sent in a call to get my password reset and that's how long the customer service woman said it'd take.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Where did you pre-order from buu?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Lots of us online then?

If there's a chance of decent online play, maybe I'll see if I can pick this up after all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No SSFIV topic from Baal?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next