Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NIER; anyone interested?

Go down 
+3
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
TC_Ninja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

NIER; anyone interested? Empty
PostSubject: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 am

It looks pretty neat. I'm not expecting the game of the year, but based on what I've seen of it so far I intend to buy it day one.

Here's a couple of gameplay videos (HD):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy_lo1iYhpE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLxBMdXmXI

Here's part 1 of the official comic:
http://na.niergame.com/downloads/comic/comic_1_US.pdf
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 am

Is this that game that's actually two games in Japan, but we're only getting one because the other one's main character is all lame and effeminate? Because obviousl the west hates male videogame characters that aren't hardasses.
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Is this that game that's actually two games in Japan, but we're only getting one because the other one's main character is all lame and effeminate? Because obviousl the west hates male videogame characters that aren't hardasses.

Yeah, the emo bumdart edition is only in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 am

It's because we are manly. Like men.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm

skipping through the first vid i felt confused as to what type of game this is meant to be

for an action game would be slow as hell
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/companions-trailer-nier/64608

This is a good trailer. The more information I get on this, the more interested I am. It seems fun. Action-RPG, post-apocalypse setting, new game+ with more story reveal...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 am

i'm quite skeptical of squenix these days
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
i'm quite skeptical of squenix these days

SE isn't developing the game though, only publishing it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:28 am

oh right it looks alright and the gameplay looks more actiony then most action RPGs i've played

whats the deal with two versions of the game though
one is a kid in japan that looks shitty
and we get an old guy that isn't as shitty
but still i don't get why they just didn't have a dude somewhere in the middle
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I watched someone playing the game on a stream for an hour this morning. It looks like Cavia (developer) took Ocarina of Time, Monster Hunter, Shadow of the Colossus, maybe more games, and mashed them up into one. It is by no means as polished as a Zelda game, but it looks like a ton of fun, and the guy playing it, as well as someone else watching who'd already finished it (in 18 hours) said they really liked it. It's got a lot more charm than I would've guessed. Square-Enix is doing a terrible job of promoting the game, as it seriously looks great. The dialogue has a humorous side to it as well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 pm

This could tide me over till final fantasy versus

i'm gonna wait for reviews of this though
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:38 pm

I look at this game and see nothing interesting about it. I think I just don't care for JRPGs anymore.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Kimarous wrote:
I look at this game and see nothing interesting about it. I think I just don't care for JRPGs anymore.

I kinda get what you mean for the general JRPGs, after playing persona and seeing the crap about FFXIII
I've been put off quite a lot they don't seem to be as good as they used to although maybe it was me thats changed

hopefully there will be a demo and i can see if the combat is fast enough for me
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I enjoy random jrpgs that you rarely hear about better than those that everyone is talking about.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Was this any good? Platinum is making the sequel and I might want to play this one first if it's alright.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 4:28 am

The story, characters and music are excellent, some of the best I've seen in games, and there are several really cool sequences that make the game very memorable, for example at one point it turns into a text adventure for half an hour or so. As far as the combat goes everything works and there are some cool ideas in the bullet hell boss fights but it's nothing particularly special, I recall just using the most overpowered weapon I could to get through the trash fights as quickly as possible so I could fight bosses and progress.

There's a timeskip in the middle of the game and once you complete the second part you can start NG+ from that point and try for the three alternate endings, which is something that you should definitely do. Each successive ending builds on the story more and changes things for your following playthroughs, with the final ending being one of the best uses of video game systems to tell a story that I can think of.

You'll need to be prepared for a little bit of a grind to fulfill all the ending criteria but I think everyone should at least try playing this game, it's one of my favourites on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NIER; anyone interested?   NIER; anyone interested? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NIER; anyone interested?
Page 1 of 1