Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Spider-Man

Go down 
+8
Superbuu3
AbrashLara
SSMG
Baal
Kaio
DeeCee
Savage
Talking Sock
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Ultimate Spider-Man Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 am

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17257.html

Ultimate Spider-Man animated series? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. I mean we could have just gotten a 3rd season of Spectacular Spidey but considering this is basically the same thing, well who cares(unless the writers churn out total shit)?

Last edited by SOK on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Who cares?

Me for one, since a good original Spidey show got canned for an animated version of shit that everyone already read years and years ago.
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Savage∞ wrote:
Who cares?

Me for one, since a good original Spidey show got canned for an animated version of shit that everyone already read years and years ago.

I haven't read Ultimate Spider-man. u mad?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Malcolm King wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:
Who cares?

I haven't read Ultimate Spider-man. u mad?
No, I just don't care. My point still stands.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 pm

It's the same damn thing. Spectacular Spider-Man took assloads of shit from Ultimate Spidey(like the whole Eddie Brock BFF thing), scenarios the movies and a very slim amount of things from the comics. Original my ass. Spectacular Spidey's awesome but we're basically getting the same thing, and I doubt this new show will follow the exact same story arc-by-arc considering it gets a little too mature at times in the comics. It'll probably just use Ultimate Spidey in name only along with the designs and backstories.

The only potentially bad thing is if it actually turned out shit. Other than that, we're basically getting Spectacular Spider-Man with a better art style. And don't take Spectacular Spidey's shelved problem on this show, this new series has NOTHING to do with that situation. Hell, Sony could still possibly continue it after sorting out their problems anyway while Disney/Marvel goes on with this show.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Spectacular took sparse elements of USM and used them, just like the Spider-Man movies did. That didn't mean it was being animated around the comics themselves, like it was an anime or something. It was still original.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Yet the USM cartoon couldn't be just because it's using the same designs? What's exactly stopping them from taking completely different directions from the comics. For all we know, it could just basically be a cartoon based on the universe and nothing more, they don't have to follow the exact same story and follow every chapter.

Plus, this discussion is moot, like I said, Spectacular Spidey has nothing to do with this. USM's cartoon will not be its replacement nor was it the cause of SSM's shelved problems. Once Sony is able to sort things out, we could very well be enjoying both a new SSM season while Disney/Marvel distributes this show. There's really nothing to BAAAAAW about. It's better to have something than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Never said there was, if SSM wasn't canned for this. That was already a good cartoon that wasn't based on a universe already virtually long and dead. Now we have to play the waiting game to find out if this new one can even be decent.

And two SM cartoons going on at the same time? Lol. That's not happening. This was just the nail in the coffin.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Bah, you're just BAAAWING and finding excuses to blame for SSM's downfall that happened long before this idea was probably even conceived. It got shit ratings and after Disney's epic take over, it ended up falling into limbo, the end. If it comes back, yay, if not, well too bad. Like I said, better to have something than nothing, especially when that something's source material was actually pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 pm

So now we play the waiting game.

And just so you know, not everyone on the Internet b'awwws at everything they don't particularly enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Sure.

You're BAAAWING...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Stop Baaaaaaaaawing!
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:07 pm

THE BATTLE RAGES ON!
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Malcolm King wrote:
THE BATTLE RAGES ON!