Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*spills drink*

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Kaio
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:01 am

Looks like FUNi finally grew some balls with this series.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 am

What balls, all I hear is Chris Sabat shouting Japanese words.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:10 am

I want my Demon Light Piercing Death Gun.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:12 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I want my Demon Light Piercing Death Gun.

This/
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:15 am

Dragon Ball is shrouded in Eastern influences and doesn't need translations.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 am

Fuck you, Funimation's been adding honorifics to some of their translations lately and I'm afraid they're actually giving into the pressure now rather than actually deciding things for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 am

Their translations have always had honorifics, starting with Simmons' subs for the Android arc in 2000.

But if you mean their dubs, then it's only done in the extremely Japanese shitfag animu that only weeaboos buy and therefore FUNi needs a reason for them to buy the DVDs.

Last edited by Kaio on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 am

Kaio wrote:
Their translations have always had honorifics, starting with Simmons' subs for the Android arc in 2000.

AS IN DUB TRANSLATIONS.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 am

Okay, read my edit.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:29 am

I never really considered Ouran High School weeaboo shit.

Although, now that I look back at it... it kind of is. ...I still enjoy it though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 am

Zoro's attacks are also Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 am

Oh that's right, Funimation had most of his attacks translated at first but then decided to undo that, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 am

OHS is full of funny, flashy, rich kids in Tokyo, though most of the school and students would make you think they're in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:35 am

Ashley Beilster wrote:
Oh that's right, Funimation had most of his attacks translated at first but then decided to undo that, didn't they?

That was the plan, but the backlash of Sanji's English serving of Kuroobi and Dragon Twister changed their mind I think, since they haven't used English names since (except for Luffy and Usopp of course).
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:35 am

The only person I believe is European is Tamaki and that's because he's so eccentric he can't be anything but French.

That's the only way to explain his behavior.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 am

Kaio wrote:
Ashley Beilster wrote:

That was the plan, but the backlash of Sanji's English serving of Kuroobi and Dragon Twister changed their mind I think, since they haven't used English names since (except for Luffy and Usopp of course).

This is why I hate there not being a "Slap the head of the corporation" job.

Because I'd be in the fucking books for slapping these guys for thinking of listening to these idiots.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:37 am

Anyway the attacks by DB's martial artists should be in Japanese, just like the samurai's attacks in One Piece are Japanese.

Vegeta, Mr. Satan and Gotenks' attacks should be in English.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:53 am

Kaio wrote:
Anyway the attacks by DB's martial artists should be in Japanese, just like the samurai's attacks in One Piece are Japanese.

After watching Rurouni Kenshin back in the day, as good as that dub was, I can't fucking stand the Japanese words clashing with the English. Not only because of them being used, but because everyone talks about the techniques in the show constantly. The voice actors probably wanted to kill themselves trying to say that crap over and over.
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:01 am

dear lord at you're, oops, YOUR sig.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:15 am

Ouran isn't really weeaboo shit. They're from Japan so it's more nailing the culture on the head with a side of fan service for weeaboos (AKA Honey).
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:34 am

Ehhh, it's mainly the art style that gets me.

These guys are about as Japanese as I am Greek.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 am

Kaio wrote:

It should be the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Kyle Katarn wrote:
Kaio wrote:

After watching Rurouni Kenshin back in the day, as good as that dub was, I can't fucking stand the Japanese words clashing with the English. Not only because of them being used, but because everyone talks about the techniques in the show constantly. The voice actors probably wanted to kill themselves trying to say that crap over and over.

The only techniques that are actually discussed in DBZ though are the Makankosappo in the first couple of eps and the Genki Dama later on. It's not much of a problem.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Kaio wrote:

It should be the other way around.

That makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Of course it makes sense. Most attack names are in the native language, and some are are in a foreign language. It should be like that whatever the native language is, depending on the dub.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:17 pm

And Goku's name should be changed to Food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*spills drink* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *spills drink*   *spills drink* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*spills drink*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Anime and Manga :: Dragon Ball-
Jump to: