Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I bought Dragon Quest VIII

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
Haseoviawesome
Ace
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Ah yes, the Timbrel of Tension. MC looks positively Super Saiyan in High Tension mode!

Making the second one with that pot really helps when you do the post-end game extra boss fights.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 pm

The Lord of the Dragovians was a tough mother, but I really enjoyed those fights, it felt like a chance to cut lose at a time when the end boss is nothing but a trivial annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:37 pm

get those three guys that combine for monster arena

fuck knows there name
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

fuck knows there name

The 3 golems. They also fuse outside the arena, which really helps in boss fights too and can really be broken =3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 am

Damn, Jessica's weak as shit compared to other two now. Oh well, we're to an abbey! Apparently uber cool handsome Templars live there.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Apparently uber cool handsome Templars live there.

Which can only mean one thing in a JRPG, they must have an angsty past. But don't worry, this time it's actually a good one, no really, a JRPG having an interesting backstory for characters hasn't existed in a million years, this is like the last one to have one. The very situation itself is hilarious in be in a video game too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 am

SoraOwnsNoKeys wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

fuck knows there name

The 3 golems. They also fuse outside the arena, which really helps in boss fights too and can really be broken =3.
yeah those are the guys

were there three robots with an uber attack as well?
been ages since i had this
damn why did i get rid of it @$%@#$@#$
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Damn video game logic.

"Oh, an evil looking jester just went in to see the abbot. I think something bad is going to happen. You have to save him!"
"Okay. So we just walk into his room right? Shouldn't b-..."
"No, there's guards guarding it. They won't let you through."
"They let an evil looking jester through. I'm sure if just explain the situ-..."
"NO! You must go the long way round through a dungeon and a boss fight and a secret passage. It's the only way!"
"But don't you think in the time it takes to do that the jester might k-..."
"THE ONLY WAY!"

Anyway, Angelo joined the party. Now I'm off to... I don't now where I'm off to. I assume I just take the path I haven't been down yet, but no has said anything about where we should be heading next.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Just follow the path.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh and opening the party chat can help you at times with hinting you where to go next.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Jessica died twice when I was trying to get through the Ruined Abbey. She has like half the HP of Yangus and the other guy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Well equip stuff to increase her defense or something.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:55 pm

I've done all that.

And why does the hero guy get half as many skill points as the other characters when he levels up
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:01 pm

I dunno, he just does I guess.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Quote :
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Damn, Jessica's weak as shit compared to other two now.

Oh, and don't write off Jessica just yet. She eventually learns some of the most useful techniques / moves in the game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Well for now she sucks. She has a lot of status effect magic though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Just concentrate on leveling up her staves skill, even if you don't use them since that's what gets you new spells.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm

equip things together and she gets costue changes and has the best armour at points
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 am

Well, just spent about an hour cheering up some mopey King. That all seemed fairly pointless.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 am

The guy with the ridiculous east end accent lives in Pickham? Ha.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 am

And Pickham's a right shithole too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 am

God damn it. My horse was stolen, which meant another quest and dungeon to get it back. That's two quests now that have apparently no relevance to the plot. And before I can get back on the trail of Dhoulmagus I have to go and find my own damn ship!

Still, this is the first game in ages (apart from Tekken 6) that I can play for more than an hour or so at a time and not start to fell bored. I've already played for more time than it took to complete Darksiders.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Wait a minute, since you reached Pickham and such, does that mean you ran into Mr. Satan?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I tried to enter that building on the side of the road, and he was standing on top of it. That's it though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:32 pm

In fairness, the monster arena is much easier later on when you have easier access to the world map. At this stage of the game, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I bought Dragon Quest VIII
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next