Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, I've been watching Yugioh...

Go down 
+4
Kaio
Savage
Haseoviawesome
Goldninja
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

So, I've been watching Yugioh... Empty
PostSubject: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 am

Some people here who frequent gamefaqs DBZ board might remember my posting a topic ranting about 4kids. Well, I'm watching the dub still. I'm on mid-season 3. So does anyone else think that the Noah arc was just so horribly placed and a complete waste of time? I watched through it, but I hated it. Maybe it would have been more tolerable after the Marik arc, but in the middle? Ugh. The whole thing was the definition of filler. Now, I know that watching the dub, I'm likely missing out on some aspects. Not a huge deal since I plan on reading the manga soon. The guy who voices Gozaburo Kaiba (Kaiba's step dad) is the one I cannot stand. He is just so bad in every role he plays and he plays many. I saw a couple eps of GX a while back but the voice acting was just atrocious in parts.

Anyway, on to watch some more.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 am

Thats why its filler so they can make up stuff for the final battle.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

I realized that the Noah arc was filler before I even knew what filler was.

And why was that season deemed 'Enter the Shadow Realm', anyway? They were in a fucking virtual world.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Only DBZ dub fans like 4Kids trash.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Kaio wrote:

Except the DBZ dub pisses on about everything 4kids does, which is just ironic considering that the DBZ dub is considered to be the worst of Funi's dubs.

So yeah, I'm in the middle of the Yugi vs. Kaiba battle. I hate how this show drags on. The length of card battles would be cut in half if they stopped showing those constant flash backs. It's like, I just saw that 10 minutes ago, why do I need to see it again three times? Other than that, the fight is okay. I'm mainly just recapping the show right now. I missed season 4 and 5 and I hope they don't suck.

And yeah, I noticed that "Enter the Shadow Realm" crap. I guess they didn't expect people to make the connection or something.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:40 pm

What I mean is that people who love what FUNi did with the DBZ dub ("hip up" the script, change the music) will also swoon over 4Kids dubs.

Season 4 and 5 are filler. Have fun reading the manga, but be sure to start at volume 1 of YGO and don't start at volume 1 of YGO: Duelist. Viz split the series into three parts and the first part is definitely the best (not counting the awful character designs back then).
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Kaio wrote:
odd, i didnt mind 4kids' dubs of shaman king, fighting foodons, and medabots.

unless they didnt dub that last one and im just insane.

and i grew quite attached to sanji and hawkeye's 4kids voices.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Medabots was done by Nelvana.

And Sanji's dub voice was bullshit.

i cun c da riva
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Kaio wrote:
Medabots was done by Nelvana.

And it turned out to be one of the best dubs ever. The dub and its humor are the only reasons to ever watch that show.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Metabee was hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So, I've been watching Yugioh...   So, I've been watching Yugioh... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:54 pm