Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews

Go down 
+2
Kaio
Baal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Toriyama wrote:
We think many reviewers are looking at Final Fantasy XIII from a western point of view," says Toriyama in a recent issue of Xbox World 360. "When you look at most Western RPGs, they just dump you in a big open world, and let you do whatever you like..." Toriyama adds that it "becomes very difficult to tell a compelling story when you're given that much freedom.

Oh ok so that's why FF13 reviews are mediocre, the game doesn't just suck, it's just too Japanese for us!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:24 pm

He should've put some DBZ characters in the game, duh.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Kaio wrote:
He should've put some DBZ characters in the game, duh.

It's a different Toriyama. =P

It's so ironic though that he's saying it's hard to tell a compelling story with an open world type of RPG when almost every latest Western RPG so far has been deeper than any Japanese RPG they've ever churned out to us. Another case of their stupid superiority complex when they're the ones bathing in the sea of inferiority in every single form of media ever with their deception being shitty eye candy people are foolish enough to swallow.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Ah god dammit, I did it again. Some idiot glorified Japan claiming that "In general, Japan acts better because acting is like a religion" and I JUST HAD TO BE A DOUCHE.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=53508692&

I'll probably get weeaboos flaming left and right at from this but this douche said some real bullshit. I wonder if I'll even get modded for totally dissing Japan, not that I was very racist but IS Gamefaqs is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:23 pm

To be fair, voice acting is like a religion there.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 pm

That's not the point, it's the fact it doesn't automatically mean "It's better". Especially when it's practically the same quality as we have in the West(although I totally insinuated they were inferior but that message really boiled me, why do I keep seeing that same exact type of message lately, when the fuck was it official that Japan "mastered the art of acting"?).

As you all know, I dislike Japanese acting, it doesn't mean ALL ENGLISH ACTORS ARE JESUS, but I still prefer English acting overall. I mean when I watch a Japanese show, I don't see amazing flawless acting, I see over the top acting chimpanzees.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 pm

I blame the DBZ dub for this. People who saw that, some of them friends of me in real life, watched that shit turned it off and just moved over to subbed anime. To this day they still think Shit Schemmel is the epitome of American voice acting. I used to be like that too, until I watched the YYH dub three years ago.

I did get one of my friends into the OP dub, but that is still the only dub he likes to watch.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

No, it can't be just anime dubbing. You see, this guy is speaking in general, as in EVERY Western voice actor. Here's a better statement for you to say, "Anime dubs aren't the epitome of American voice acting".
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm

So I actually checked the topic and hahahahahaha.

So aspiring to get a certain job means that you'll inevitably be the best?

Tell that to the American army who lost to a bunch of jungle people.

Or, to be fair, tell that to the Dutch (and English) football teams, who's culture is pretty much based on the sport but haven't won a real price with their national teams for years.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Tell him that.

Especially the American part, because then the PATRIOTS will join in too and talk about how they won WWII back in the day and how they saved the world from terrorism.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Why do I have to do it? >_>; I already said my part. You do it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Fine.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Nobody replied to my post. Screw dat shit.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Toriyama wrote:
We think many reviewers are looking at Final Fantasy XIII from a western point of view," says Toriyama in a recent issue of Xbox World 360. "When you look at most Western RPGs, they just dump you in a big open world, and let you do whatever you like..." Toriyama adds that it "becomes very difficult to tell a compelling story when you're given that much freedom.
Define "most Western RPGs". So far as I can tell, the only Western RPGs he's seen are Oblivion and Fallout 3...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 pm

He's too scared to play the KOTOR games because he knows they'll blow him away.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Or even Dragon Age: Origins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:54 am

They should also add someone with long silver hair, with a emo attitude, and a uber eye power.
That would make a game of the year XD
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:55 am

Terror of Death wrote:
They should also add someone with long silver hair, with a emo attitude, and a uber eye power.
That would make a game of the year XD
Or a emo guy with long white hair who has rose pedals floating around him and he's super flamboyant.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 am

I am not playing another game with Endrance in it... even if he's voiced by Liam O' Brien.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews   Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Square Enix Attempts To Explain Low Western Reviews
Page 1 of 1