Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN

Go down 
+5
Zero
Superbuu3
Skip
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 am

I had a few games going solo. maybe I was just lucky I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:39 am

was there anything to do solo?

isn't it like a death match?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 am

I think he means just searching for quick match on his own.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:38 am

Yeah, that. ^
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 pm

got demon on 360, game's aight.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 am

no ps3 all the way
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm

It's been updated. Less of a patch, as you have to redownload the entire thing, but they cut the file size down to about 900mb. Will edit when I've played it again.

Okay, the matchmaking isn't really much better but they added the option to join/create a custom game.
You're not forced to have 8 players anymore, so games are easier to start.
It's still not as good as it will be when the game is released, as it will have dedicated servers, but it's a big improvement over what it was before.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 am

Also, humans have been gimped.
Aliens seem to take a LOT more damage before they die, and they can attack faster and stronger than before.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:05 am

oh sweet i'll try playing this then

but fuck i need to redownload that fuck off demo >_>
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:13 am

Eh, I doubt I'll bother.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Finally got a few games today.

Played as the marine initially, game third in a group of eight on my first game. Typical FPS fare, you start with an assault rifle, search for better weapons... though I did like the integration of the motion tracker. Very authentic.

The Alien was just confusing; I don't like having to hold a button to scale walls, and you can't leap between surfaces the way you'd think you should be able to. It also got very confusing when you're pelting along at speed, though the few occasions where I did manage to sneak up on a marine and use the 'grab' to OHKO him were rather satisfying. No long range weapons either, and the melee combat felt a bit clumsy at times.

My favourite was Predator. There was a danger he'd be overpowered, but as you only start with his basic Wolverine style claw weapon and have to hunt for everything else, you really have to work at staying alive long enough to tip the scales in your favour. Initially, you can cloak and switch between views just like the films, and can use his focus moves to leap around to an appropriate vantage point, but until you find heavier weaponry he's probably worse off than the other two. Still my favourite, simply because when you do get tooled up, he wreaks havoc like nothing else...
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 am

Yeah Predator is my favorite, Aliens are lethal though. You can do a massive leap attack, land that and it only takes a few light attacks to finish the enemy off. Not too fond of marines though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Rented the full game yesterday. Finished the predator campaign inside about five hours, and am now halfway through the Alien one. It's flawed, but gives a decent sense of 'being' these iconic creatures, even if I think Predator feels stupidly watered down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN   Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alien Vs Predator multiplayer demo is up on PSN
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3