Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Empty
PostSubject: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i015c08bd6f66cc49571580a441debbe8

Quote :
The latest Spidey sequel is proving villainously difficult to plot out.

Sony and director Sam Raimi are at loggerheads over which direction to go with the villains for the latest installment -- an impasse which has prompted the studio to delay its scheduled spring production start and potentially to bump the pic from its May 6, 2011 release slot.

Raimi wants to have a criminal known as the Vulture act as the primary antagonist in the film while the studio, which dislikes the idea of the winged wrongdoer, is pushing for a romantic sub-plot involving a burglar named the Black Cat in addition to another villain.

A succession of writers has tried to marry the two parties' differing visions to no effect.

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire ("Rabbit Hole") was hired in October 2008 to pen a key version of the screenplay, on top of the earlier version penned by James Vanderbilt ("Zodiac"). Last year, Sony brought in Gary Ross -- Oscar-nominated for his adapted script on 2003's "Seabiscuit" -- which he also helmed.

Alvin Sargent is penning the latest iteration.

Word of the Sony-Raimi conflict first surfaced mid-December on genre Web site IESB, but at the time Sony denied the report, saying tweaking of the script was "nothing unusual."

The differing views about the villain have their origins in the making of "Spider-Man 3."

Raimi, a fan of the wall-crawling super-hero since the character's 1960s debut, wanted to use classic villain Vulture in addition to Sandman, another classic creation, for that movie. The studio pushed him to use Venom, a character that was introduced in the late 1980s, because it thought that character, with its slick alien-symbiote origin, would lend itself to more effective marketing material and a way to attract "the kids."

"Spider-Man 3," while ensnaring $890 million in its worldwide web, turned out to be reviled by both the fanboy community and by many critics. In addition to a hefty paycheck, Raimi purportedly returned to helm the fourth installment in order to leave the series on a high note.

Production still could begin by this summer. While Sony insiders maintain the pic still could remain in its current release date, a shift to a date later in summer 2011 may be more likely considering the lack of a final script for the visual effects-driven project.

Why not just ditch those two and add the Lizard and Kraven already? Or screw them both, get the rights to the Kingpin and have Michael Clarke Duncan reprise his role from Daredevil?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:07 am

Sora wrote:
Why not just ditch those two and add the Lizard and Kraven already? Or screw them both, get the rights to the Kingpin and have Michael Clarke Duncan reprise his role from Daredevil?

Fuck that kingpin should look like this
Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Kingpin
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

Fuck that kingpin should look like this
Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Kingpin

A while ago, I would have wanted that BUT I'd also like things to be consistent in the movieverse(despite being completely different productions and having separate distributors and studios). Plus risking a downgrade on a worse actor just because he's white and fatter(or in a fat suit) would be dumb when Duncan already played him very well.

Does fox even still have the rights to Kingpin though? If Sony is ever able to have Kingpin appear in Spider-Man, I doubt he'd have the same direction Daredevil had anyway which is a pity since I'd be skeptical over whoever takes the role. At least you'd get your original white fat ass though. If they do that, they should handle him with respect by having the guy who voiced him in the 90s cartoon play as the Kingpin. It's the only other awesome way this could work.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

I do generally prefer continuity, but stylisation ways duncan came across as a pimp which i weren't too keen on, though i guess he was alright, but nothing special.

At the same time i got no idea who else could play kingpin not sure if theres anyone who's got the right look.

This guy could play kingpin

Spoiler:

If this guy was fatter he would be awesome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Jones_%28wrestler%29

i wanted someone who's just inhumanly huge this guys almost 7ft
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 am

Nah, we need someone who has a full blown good acting career, not just some guy caving into to doing just a handful of films because he wants to do something new. The make up team and digital effect artists can deal with everything else, this ain't the old days anymore.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 am

Who cares? It's going to be shit anyway.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 am

That depends on how much Sony pisses off Raimi and if they get their way.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 am

Raimi was the one pushing Sandman in the last film, which is what made it shit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 am

No, Sony's choice with wasting the film away with a piece of shit like Venom just to please the shallow little kids because as we all know, "everything that LOOKS badass must be good" is what made it shit.

And what made it even more shit is how it created a shitty love drama with the blacksuit making spidey a douchebag.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 am

Burn the black suit to hell along with Venom, dammit! BURN THEM BOTH!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:38 am

The film would have much better with just Venom than with just Sandman.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 am

But then we'd still have all that stupid drama with the blacksuit which is one of the biggest reasons why everyone complains about SM3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 am

I'd forgotten all about that. I still remember shitty Sandman though. He was the worst thing in the film.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am

with vulture in there instead sandmans roll would most likely have been better
as would have spiderman fighting sandman as he wouldn't have been trying to kill him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:09 am

The guy playing Sandman should've played Venom.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:15 am

Your Bro wrote:

yeah that is the kind of venom most of us were used to
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Your Bro wrote:

He would've sucked. He is in no way the Venom oldies are used to. AGAIN, all you're thinking about is looks. I can't picture this guy being Venom at all. He looks too old and would never pull off a Brooklyn accent without it being hilariously awful.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 am

The guy they got to play Venom was fine. The script was just shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:27 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Your Bro wrote:

Yeah, I always pictured him being middle aged and grumpy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 am

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Your Bro wrote:

He would've sucked. He is in no way the Venom oldies are used to. AGAIN, all you're thinking about is looks. I can't picture this guy being Venom at all. He looks too old and would never pull off a Brooklyn accent without it being hilariously awful.

only ugly ppl don't care about looks

ideally he should have both, but if he doesn't look the part regardless of how he acts he won't pull off what we want
if he looked the part at least venom would of looked better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 am

Oh dayum nigga.

He just called you ugly.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Your Bro wrote:

ideally he should have both, but if he doesn't look the part regardless of how he acts he won't pull off what we want

You're not understanding the situation, it's the fact that the only relation he has in the looks to Eddie Brock is that he's buff. Everything else about it is wrong. He looks old, he wouldn't make a good Eddie Brock impersonator, etc. He's too off. At least Topher Grace is like ONE version of Eddie, the "Ultimate Spidey" Eddie who he was modeled from(Hell, he even called himself Eddie Brock Jr.).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 am

Your Bro wrote:
Oh dayum nigga.

He just called you ugly.

Not really since I didn't say I never cared for the looks. I'm saying that guy doesn't look nor could act like Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 am

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Your Bro wrote:

You're not understanding the situation, it's the fact that the only relation he has in the looks to Eddie Brock is that he's buff. Everything else about it is wrong. He looks old, he wouldn't make a good Eddie Brock impersonator, etc. He's too off. At least Topher Grace is like ONE version of Eddie, the "Ultimate Spidey" Eddie who he was modeled from(Hell, he even called himself Eddie Brock Jr.).

yeah but ultimate spidey sucks balls at least the venom in it (i only know it from the game)
616 eddie was way better, he was mainly big and angry
also the sandman guy may have been able to put on an accent

i think the main flaw was they tried to go away from calssic eddie and didn't even follow through on the new story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed!   Ah shit, Spidey 4 postponed! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 am