Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?

Go down 
+11
Baal
TC_Ninja
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
zeik2012
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
Kaede
Kimarous
Kaio
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Empty
PostSubject: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:50 am

i hardly go there any more since wheneve i go on a ps3 board its normally full of 360 fans saying one of two things:

a) this game looks better on 360
b) this game sucks thats why its not even on xbox

then i looked at FAQs and most of them seemed to be done for 360 on cross platform games
its very common to see about 5/6 360 wlakthroughs and not even 1 PS3 faq, not really sure if theres ever any real difference in these games
just an observation i made
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 am

Moose said something about the games being slightly better on the 360 because it's easier to make a game on it and just port it over to the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:59 am

i've never seen them side by side
i assumed most games look the same the PS3 exclusives are just hands down better looking though

mind them doing that continually makes most of them look butthurt

typical post is something like:
This game sucks on PS3 and i'm saying that as someone who owns a ps3

thats up there with saying your a dick then post later oh i was joking
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 am

GameFAQs is just full of idiots. The only board I like is TV: Broadcast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 am

Did you see the Wii board? It's full of 360 and PS3 fans. It's like, they spend their whole day there just to tell you not to buy anything on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:03 am

Your Bro wrote:
Did you see the Wii board? It's full of 360 and PS3 fans. It's like, they spend their whole day there just to tell you not to buy anything on the Wii.

Naw man, you just mad you weren't warned by these guys.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:04 am

Your Bro wrote:
i'm not suprised
if you goto any of the system boards theres just a bunch of trolls (crap ones i might add)
i think i've never got a actual answer for anything i asked on a system board

you have to be a loser to actually goto a board of a game you don't like anbd spend all your hours bitching about it
i thought i was gonna goto the prototype board, but theres just a bunch of playa haters there
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:16 am

I simply have to roll my eyes at the various "360 vs PS3 graphics comparisons" that Gamespot does. It's always either "360 has marginally better graphics" or "360 may have slightly inferior graphics, but has superior gameplay"... and EVERYBODY in the comment box was calling them out on it! Seriously, 95% of the time, you can barely tell the difference! WHO GIVES A SHIT?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:49 am

Some guy at Guerilla Studios said that programming for the 360 was like driving a Mercedes; it's comfortable, and it's easy. Programming for the PS3 is like driving a Ferrari; it's a lot faster, but much more impressive if you get it right.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Kimarous wrote:
I simply have to roll my eyes at the various "360 vs PS3 graphics comparisons" that Gamespot does. It's always either "360 has marginally better graphics" or "360 may have slightly inferior graphics, but has superior gameplay"... and EVERYBODY in the comment box was calling them out on it! Seriously, 95% of the time, you can barely tell the difference! WHO GIVES A SHIT?
yeah i noticed that to
its not suprising that ps3 fans aren't sticking around all that much
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:13 pm

lol

360 fans are just killing time while they wait for their 100th 360 to come in and last another month or two before going RRoD while the PS3 fans are too busy gaming to even be on Gamefaqs. XD lololololololololololol
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm

i doubt its even that
most ppl didn't get a ps3 cause they thought it was gonna fail
the ones who are trolling are most likely ps2 fans who jumped ship and are pissed that the ps3 eventually became affordable and is just as popular (if not more popular then there xbox)
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:23 pm

I waited too. But I didn't jump ship, I just waited til Sony got all the kinks out and made it the epic win it is today. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:59 pm

personally i'm not really up for just running our and buying the console that comes out first
i patiently waited and honestly i think it paid off

if you goto the lengths of trolling another consoles board your just showing everyone that your disappointed with what you got and can only justify your purchase by making everyone else hate what they bought

its generally just retarded and those kinds of ppl probably hate themselves

and really buying both consoles to me seems like a waste of money, i'm think an extra 6 games on either console would make me happier then having the competing console
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

I don't even give a shit about which is best. Just which one has the best games.

There shouldn't be 3 consoles. Just one good one where everyone can focus on it. That'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:31 pm

well if microsoft hadn't been annoying enough to jump into the market so late (at that point sega having been eliminated)
we'd have had two good consoles i'd have considered owning both

ps3 had a blu ray player i was sold from the beginning
wii is fun and is probably better if my friends come round for a casual play
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:01 pm

Your Bro wrote:
I don't even give a shit about which is best. Just which one has the best games.

There shouldn't be 3 consoles. Just one good one where everyone can focus on it. That'd be awesome.

This.

That's why I bought all three, even if I did eventually sell the Wii. While it was a hoot playing in a group, I simply never used it much and had the opportunity to make a large profit selling it, so that's what I did. On the subject of PS3 vs 360, then while you'd never notice in isolation, when you've got the ability to switch between the two on the fly and can see a tangible difference *coughBayonettacough* having the superior version is worthwhile, hence why most (though not all) of my multiformat versions are on the 360. The only game I bought on 360 recently that is apparently graphically superior on PS3 is Dragon Age, but seeing as the graphics are only fair to middling anyway, I preferred the 360 offering.
Back to top Go down
zeik2012
Deck Hand
zeik2012

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:11 am

Only one game will finally set the standards that most companies have been trying to set for there own platforms. First of all this one game will show what a ps3 can really do. The 360 can only handle so much first of all. Second the games that do come out for it are fun but most games for 360 are rushed only cause it's easier to develop games for that platform which is why so many games are just crossovers now. I mean Hideo Kojima said if he had tried to put MGS4 on 360 it would have taken 11 normal 360 cd's only cause the game was so big. (50 gb) The only reason 360 is getting MGS5 raiden is because of so many complaints that 360 never got an MGS game. But back to my point if you really want to see a game that is graphically superior to the 360 it's God Of War III. Now don't say I pulled this one out of my ass because if you actually do compare God Of War III to most or I should say all 360 games you'll see that, that one game is showing off what ps3 is capable of. Also know this that ps3 has yet to be used to it's full power with MGS4 only using about 40-60% of what can really be done with that systems hardware.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:52 pm

i have no idea that sounds sexy though

shame i don't really like GoW though
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:53 pm

God of War 3 looked nice, but at no point did it look like anything the 360 couldn't handle, (especially as the frame rate on the demo seemed a little on the low side, certainly no more than 30fps, or in other words half as smooth as 360 Bayonetta, which in motion is the more visually impressive.)

In fact that whole argument is typically how PS3 fanboys respond to 360 fanboys, that the ps3 has much more untapped potential and that most games only use x% of the PS3s power. Well, that's great and all, but the PS3 is hardly a spring chicken anymore, which would beg the question why did Sony make it so hard to programme for, and also if it actaully is true then by the time they figure out how to use anything like 100% we'll be another four years down the line.

In other words, it's all bollocks. In terms of sheer grunt, the PS3 and 360 are very similar, and that's the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:21 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
God of War 3 looked nice, but at no point did it look like anything the 360 couldn't handle, (especially as the frame rate on the demo seemed a little on the low side, certainly no more than 30fps, or in other words half as smooth as 360 Bayonetta, which in motion is the more visually impressive.)

In fact that whole argument is typically how PS3 fanboys respond to 360 fanboys, that the ps3 has much more untapped potential and that most games only use x% of the PS3s power. Well, that's great and all, but the PS3 is hardly a spring chicken anymore, which would beg the question why did Sony make it so hard to programme for, and also if it actaully is true then by the time they figure out how to use anything like 100% we'll be another four years down the line.

In other words, it's all bollocks. In terms of sheer grunt, the PS3 and 360 are very similar, and that's the bottom line.
Yeah, although I still think this is because that games are made for the 360 and ported. If they remade the games from scratch for both, chances are the PS3 would handle it better.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:05 pm

There was certainly a precedent in the early days for multiformat titles to be developed on 360 and then ported over, though I don't think it's as common now as once it was. There are a few games on both systems that stand out, and many more that don't; Look at inFamous, for instance. It's a PS3 exclusive, yet does nothing graphically the 360 couldn't do in it's sleep.

Again, GoW 3 is a great example of a PS3 exclusive being heralded in some quarters undoable on 360, yet while it looks good in static screen shots, when it moves you can't help but feel rather underwhelmed by the PS2 style frame rate. DMC4 managed 60 fps on both 360 and PS3, and that's two years old now.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm

What about Uncharted 2, do you think the 360 could produce graphics like that?

I don't remember there being any problem with the frame rate either.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:44 pm

I haven't played Uncharted 2, for my sins. It's definitely on my 'to play' list for early this year though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah you should definitely check it out. Easily one of the best games of 09
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?   Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is gamefaqs just full of 360 fans?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next