Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Funny People...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

So Funny People... Empty
PostSubject: So Funny People...   So Funny People... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:16 am

I mean, well, shit. It was really good.

So, the up and coming comedian Ira Wiener (Seth Rogen) is trying to well... get somewhere in life. Meanwhile, on beloved Stand-up Comedian, George Simmons' side (Adam Sandler), he just realizes he has a blood disease which he's going to die soon and the put him on medication. So George ends up going to a comedy club, the one Ira goes to, and likes Ira's jokes so he gets Ira to write jokes for him. At first, George is like the biggest dick to him but they become friends over the process of the movie. George learns that 8% of the people who have taken the medication he's on have seen positive results, George is one of those 8%. He changes a bit and even becomes more friendly towards Ira.

George ends up hooking up with his old ex-girlfriend, Laura (Leslie Mann) who broke up with him because he cheated on her when they were younger. She's married now and has a family with an Australian man named Clarke (Eric Bana). He's over in China on a business trip and she knows that he's been cheating on her for some time. So she rekindles her old love with George and Ira is dragged into all of this because he's George's assistant, of course. And Laura ends up starting a giant fight with Clarke and Clarke ends up going to the airport. She tells George that she plans to break it off with Clarke and marry George in a few months. When Laura leaves, Ira tries to go and stop her because she's basically throwing everything away here for George. She has a good husband, wonderful children and a nice home, so he doesn't want her to give it up for George because he knows it's the right thing to do.

Ira ends up showing up just as Laura and Clarke reconcile and this fucks everything up because he explains all of the stuff that happened (George had sex with Laura) and Clarke goes to kick his ass. After the giant fight, George ends up firing Ira and Ira goes back to his shitty job. George goes back to reconcile with Ira and the movie ends as George is telling him about these jokes he wrote.

Now, I really did like this movie, but I didn't really laugh that much. Oh sure, it was funny but it felt more like a drama, somewhat. Ira is a really nice guy and the shit he keeps getting from George is just annoying. And George teeters on my opinion because there were times I hated him and times I really did like him. Laura is just... well a fucking idiot. Clarke is actually a really nice guy who did care about his family even if he did cheat on his wife, he's not an asshole and he really does like George at first too. The side characters were pretty damn fun too.
Back to top Go down

So Funny People...
Page 1 of 1