Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Kaio
Kaede
Baal
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
But anyway, I'd have to say the original Star Wars trilogy, although I don't actually hate them. I just never saw what was particularly special about them beyond the technical aspects, which really only mattered at the time of release. But I know plenty of people my age who love them and I can't see why. Maybe you have to see them when you're a kid or something.

Oh, and History of Violence too. Boring piece of shit.
oh fuck yeah i totally agree

that battle of hoth bit was pretty much the oonly bit i liked across all 3 films
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
But anyway, I'd have to say the original Star Wars trilogy, although I don't actually hate them. I just never saw what was particularly special about them beyond the technical aspects, which really only mattered at the time of release. But I know plenty of people my age who love them and I can't see why. Maybe you have to see them when you're a kid or something.

Oh, and History of Violence too. Boring piece of shit.

I think why Star Wars is so great is because of how ridiculously creative and unique everything was. They were all overall entertaining films with amazing memorable scores but at the same time, your brain just tunes our the quality of the plots and how interesting the character developments are. You're just engulfed by the most bizarre and unique shit you'll ever see in cinema ever that spawns a bajillion expanded universe related stuff and games, most of which are actually fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:51 pm

I would say the Indiana Jones films too, but I've only seen one of them (the one with Sean Connery).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I would say the Indiana Jones films too, but I've only seen one of them (the one with Sean Connery).
IIRC that was the worst of the original trilogy

but i dunno its been ages and they all merge into one film
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks for reminding me, Moose. Forgot about Stars Wars.

That's another series I can't stand.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
IIRC that was the worst of the original trilogy

but i dunno its been ages and they all merge into one film

That was the best one, the worst one's Temple of Doom.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:26 am

The Last Crusade was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 am

I hate Batman 1989. But really liked one thing about it, Lando Calrissian as Harvey Dent was fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:56 am

bump...I loved all three Indiana Jones films.

On topic to bump:

-ET (Found it incredibly boring)
-Nightmare before Christmas (Fell asleep after the third or fourth song...I think.)
-Wall-E (Get the fuck out, Pixar. At least they greatly improved with Up.)

I'll think of more later.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:58 am

Zero wrote:

On topic to bump:

-Nightmare before Christmas (Fell asleep after the third or fourth song...I think.)

i never watched wall-e he sounded kinda like vectorman
and yeah i never got nightmare before christmas
i guess the idea was interesting but the film didn't seem to be anything that special
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

On topic to bump:

i never watched wall-e he sounded kinda like vectorman
and yeah i never got nightmare before christmas
i guess the idea was interesting but the film didn't seem to be anything that special

If it wasn't so much of a musical, I probably would have enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 am

Yeah, I can't get into musicals. Even with the classic Disney films, even the ones I really like, I get a bit bored during the songs. It just always seems extremely bizarre to me that the characters are going along, and then suddenly burst into song for a few minutes, but they're talking to each other and stuff, just in song form. I could never get my head round it.

On that note, I thought Sweeney Todd was fairly crap.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:34 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, I can't get into musicals. Even with the classic Disney films, even the ones I really like, I get a bit bored during the songs. It just always seems extremely bizarre to me that the characters are going along, and then suddenly burst into song for a few minutes, but they're talking to each other and stuff, just in song form. I could never get my head round it.

Well obviously the classic Disney songs would bore you. None of them are actually memorable or great excluding a handful of the classic ones(usually there's always at least one song that's good back then). The films are good, yes, but all the songs back then are so laid back and every word in the lyrics must be said in a span of 1-2 seconds instead of just simply singing at a steady nice pace like the songs we have in the later Disney and other musical films.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

On that note, I thought Sweeney Todd was fairly crap.
Have you seen Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Yes. It's really, really, really shit.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Sora wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Well obviously the classic Disney songs would bore you. None of them are actually memorable or great excluding a handful of the classic ones(usually there's always at least one song that's good back then). The films are good, yes, but all the songs back then are so laid back and every word in the lyrics must be said in a span of 1-2 seconds instead of just simply singing at a steady nice pace like the songs we have in the later Disney and other musical films.

Hercules had some good songs.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Let me rephrase that. Any Disney film. Even during The Lion King I'm thinking "Why are they suddenly singing?".
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 am

Zero wrote:
Sora wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

And that has anything to do with the classic songs sucking? Of course Hercules had good songs, it's during the freaking 90s when they all became good. When referring to classic songs, we're talking about early 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. here.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:20 am

Sora wrote:
Zero wrote:
Sora wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

And that has anything to do with the classic songs sucking? Of course Hercules had good songs, it's during the freaking 90s when they all became good. When referring to classic songs, we're talking about early 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. here.

Ah, ok. The word classic has been skewed these days.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:20 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Let me rephrase that. Any Disney film. Even during The Lion King I'm thinking "Why are they suddenly singing?".

Are they not allowed to? I mean come on, what's your problem, let the animals freaking sing, they didn't do anything to you. It's funny how Lion King is only so awesome because of the music and songs too. Without the score or any of the songs, it'd be a very average film. The broadway style of song cues is what makes them great for some reason. They're not "Suddenly singing", it's more like they're just talking and it's trasmitted to us through song, not to mention they're fictional films so I don't see why they can't. And they always provide nice excuses to do timeskips too without looking like lazy transitions I guess.

Any Disney film would automatically turned to average or even crap without their songs, specifcally the 90s ones. They play THAT much of a major role. Although I do admit, rather than singing, I do like the whole "background songs" idea better(ala Tarzan and such).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:41 am

Oh the score is fine. It's just the characters bursting into song that gets me.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh the score is fine. It's just the characters bursting into song that gets me.

Well of course the score's fine, I'm just stating that without both, the Disney films would probably fall apart for people.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 am

I don't give a shit about other people or whether they'd be successful without the songs or not. I just find musicals a bit odd and dull in general. I just tend to switch off when people start singing for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 am

Yeah. I'm like that too, Moose. I didn't make it very far into High School Musical before turning it off and never watching it again or it's following sequels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next