Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 Review-Chulance

Go down 
+8
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
Kaede
Kimarous
Baal
Charlie Sheen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

2012 Review-Chulance Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Review-Chulance   2012 Review-Chulance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:08 am

I'll start I LOVED 2012, it was an awesome movie! I saw it last week with my cousins, anyway point is this movie is amazing. It has a great storyline, amazing special effects, incredible character development, and good amount of characters. The story is about geologists learning the earth's core is destabilization and basically the Mayan's doomsday prediction was accurate. They learn of this in 2009 and decide to hide the doomsday information from the world to prevent anarchy. So at the G8 summit the formulate a plan to ensure 400,000 humans survive the end of the world. So basically it focuses on these Government characters, Civillians, and passengers of the arks which will be used to survive the Megatsunami's which will wipe out the human race.

Anyway, the plot is amazing. Focusing on three different sets of characters, and what they go through as the world comes to an end. So the movie is filled with suspense and action. It keeps you on the edge on your seat, because this film kills off characters like crazy. It was even called "The Mother of all Disaster Films" by someone. I forgot who Razz So the plot is long the movie is almost 3 hours, maybe longer. The Special effects for all the disasters such as the earth-quakes, volcanic eruptions, megatsunami are superb.

As for the Characters the civilians consist of Jackson Curtis, Kate Curtis, Noah Curtis, Lily Curtis, and Gordon Silberman. Basically there's the Curtis family, and Jackson gets a divorce from Kate. This leads to Gordon making his move and starting to date Kate. The family is torn apart, and Jackson is trying to bond with hsi family as the world is coming to an end around him. Anyway there's another civilian a crazy recluse hermit known as Charles or Charlie who has gathered information about the end of the world and the Chinese's Ark project to save 400,000 lives. He's deemed crazy after predicting the Yellowstone Park eruption, and learns the Government is assassinating people who try to tell the public the truth about the Mayan's Prediction. Charles rocks, but being insane he dies early on in the end. There's a Russian family who's suppose to get to the Chinese Arks, but they get stuck in Vegas, and over the course the main passenger a selfish dad dies a hero. So yeah the passengers die except for two bratty twins.

The Government themed characters have the best development, especially Carl who nearly ends the human race but ends up saving lots of people. There's even a television show planned which will be a sequel about survivors of 2012, living in the year 2013.

That's my review.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Review-Chulance   2012 Review-Chulance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 am

Quote :
I'll start I LOVED 2012, it was an awesome movie!
Quote :
Roland Emmerich made this movie

Oh Chulance...
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Review-Chulance   2012 Review-Chulance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:23 am

Now what? I also liked Godzilla somewhat.

See 2012, after that you won't care who made it. It's great!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Review-Chulance   2012 Review-Chulance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:27 am

I've already seen Day After Tomorrow.

I think I've got a pretty good idea on how Roland Emmerich handles disaster movies.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Review-Chulance   2012 Review-Chulance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:31 am

Look If you've seen Stargate, Day after Tommorow, stuff like that I'll understand why you doubt 2012.

But it's completely different from his other movies. It's just amazing, I described it but I can go into even more detail and talk about the film for hours. I could see it again, but I'll wait till DVD.

People should not judge his past movies, just watch 2012.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Review-Chulance   2012 Review-Chulance Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:34 am