Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue

Go down 
+4
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
Haseoviawesome
Baal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Empty
PostSubject: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 am

Okay so I bought BlazBlue for about $40 and played it at Tobi's house for a while and i have to say, the game is quite good. The dubbing is superb and the guy I hate for once is the guy I'm supposed to hate. Anyways I'll list what I think about the characters.

Ragna - Best Male Character in the game, while having some of the most odd powers, he's easily the most normal character in the game. I only have one problem with his play style, his defense is pretty damn low but he does get health back with his drive attacks so I guess it balances out.

Jin - Hate this bastard, not only is he one of the most rigged bastards in the game, he's an absolute bastard. He treats everyone like crap especially Noel and has some weird homoerotic attraction towards his brother (Ragna). Even though the sword causes the thing with Ragna, Jin's still a bastard. His play style is also horribly rigged, all of his drive attacks freeze the opponent for a long enough time to lay into them with more combo's and even super attacks.

Noel - Best Female Character in the game, she's pretty cute and has a nice personality. She uses two guns and has invincibility frames up the ass but is still a pretty well-balanced fighter. She's also hilarious and some of her interactions with other characters are pretty funny too and she gets picked on a lot, mainly by Ragna (He calls her stupid a lot) and Taokaka (She calls her flat-chested). Even though Noel is flat-chested, it's the suit she has on that does it so she's kinda SOL. But Jin treats her horribly, I mean Ragna and Taokaka just tease but Jin is a outright bastard to her, so much she's the game's woobie along with Ragna.

Tager - Good lord, Tager is awesome. His playstyle is a mix of Zangief and Potemkin but he's still awesome. He does craploads of damage, uses magnetism and beats the crap out of things WITH SCIENCE, OF COURSE! The situations he gets himself into are even better and you've gotta love how much of a smartass the guy is.

Rachel - I have no strong opinion towards Rachel. She's classy and shit but she's also pretty funny at times, although I can't use her that well so I can't say whether or not she's a good fighter or not.

Taokaka - She's fast as hell, low on the damage output, decent defense and yeah that's about it. She's hilarious though, imagine Goku combined with Pikachu and you've got one of the most hilarious characters in the game.

Litchi - Tits Mcgee is a decent fight who I can't figure out how to use her staff correctly and her personality is alright, the boobs are nice but I'm reminded of Mai Shiranui when I look at them.

Arakune - Same as Rachel, I have no strong opinion of this guy as an actual character, as a fighter he's up there with Jin on the annoyingly rigged level but he's even worse than Jin becuase he's far easier to use and his do craploads.

Bang - Well first of all, Bang is- BANG BANG BANG BAAAANG! The spirit of Bang! Let your fighting spirit shine like the bright moon! BANG BANG BANG BAAANG! The spirit of Bang! Like the fierce flame that can crush mountains! ...Sorry about that, anyways Bang is the most hilarious character in the game. He's a ninja... in name only. He's basically on Naruto levels of inconspicuousness as a ninja. He's loud, boisterous and not modest in the slightest or subtle but all of that is intentional. He even has a move which reminds me of Sol Badguy's "Dragon Install" technique although Sol's had one glaring flaw, it did not spontaneously have Hironobu Kageyama sing about how awesome he was. Bang plays pretty decently too, I'll have to practice a bit with him.

Carl - I hate Carl as a character because he's pretty much Edward Elric without Vic Mignogna and the coolness. His sister is trapped inside of a mechanical... body and he uses her to fit in battles with him. He's a decent fighter but I just can't stand how annoying Carl is.

Hakumen - You know, I still can't decide whether or not I like Hakume. On one side, he's Jin although cooled (Unintentional pun) down and on the other he's still an absolute dick, oh and he likes spouting his catchphrase a lot. He's a pretty good fight and I'd probably use him more if he wasn't so damned slow.

Nu - EHHHHHHHH, Nu. Another character I can't decide whether or not I like. She's completely fucking nuts and is madly in love with Ragna but Ragna also treats her like crap just because she has Saya's face, although she is also a fucking maniac who wants to kill lots of things so I'd have to agree with Ragna on this. Her playstyle? As the boss of the game, she's an annoying beast in Arcade mode. As a player character? She's much more bearable but she's up there with Jin and Arakune on how horribly rigged she is.

The music? It's Daisuke Ishiwatari, anything the man makes in the musical department is fucking glorious. The story's decent and the big bad is... wacky. He's as wacky as Adachi from Persona 4 and Cobra Commander.

MY CONCLUSION?

Guilty Gear = BlazBlue
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:29 am

I only hate jin, and how rigged one of ragnas moves are (you know the one). Other than that no prob.
Noel and Arakune are the button mashers, very easy to use.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:36 am

To Noel's credit most of her attacks don't do a lot of damage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:36 am

I hate this game just because everyone else likes it. I'll probably never play it just for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:40 am

Everyone likes JJBA too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:40 am

I hate the fanbase of this game is what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:41 am

I might pick it up again...oh, Wait, I'm thinking of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Goddamn, That's a tongue twister!)

but, Yeah, It was good. But it still basically Guilty Gear with 3-D Backgrounds and different characters.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:41 am

sometimes liking certain things brackets you with ceertain ppl

you'd rather not be associated with
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 am

Insert Username Here wrote:
I might pick it up again...oh, Wait, I'm thinking of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Goddamn, That's a tongue twister!)

but, Yeah, It was good. But it still basically Guilty Gear with 3-D Backgrounds and different characters.

Obviously, it's Daisuke Ishiwatari making the games, he does improve on the gameplay but it'll still remain similar.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 am

But it's impossible to not like anything. ...Okay, I'm wrong. I just don't wanna meet a real life Colonel Stinkmeaner. XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:45 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
sometimes liking certain things brackets you with ceertain ppl

you'd rather not be associated with
Exactly. Call me shallow or whatever but everyone who plays this game seems to be a massive faggot.

Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:02 am

We will do him! wrote:
To Noel's credit most of her attacks don't do a lot of damage.
She's a small character she's suppose to. Characters like Hakumen and Tager are suppose to deal a lot. with Tager you can kill anyone in 3 grabs if you use the right one(s).
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue   Baal's Synopsis of BlazBlue Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:38 am