Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got assassin's creed 2

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
Kaio
Kimarous
Skip
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Maskull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:06 am

Well, that's it now. Done everything except get all the treasures. The bonus tombs and stuff are being released with the next DLC as well, so I'll probably get that and the previous DLC then.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:08 am

worth it?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:23 am

Yeah, pretty much. The assassination side missions were more enjoyable the most of the story missions, since you were just being an assassin. Each one gives a general area in which to locate your target, and you have to do it by site rather than the game just telling you where they are, which was nice (although as I said, the small area around where they are is pinpointed).

Overall though I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the first one. Some of the stuff I liked about the first one was changed, and none of the additions quite made up for it. The best new thing I can think of that this game did is being able to assassinate someone with any weapon as long as you can creep up behind them. Grabbing someone by the collar from behind and stabbing them in the heart is fun.

The last couple missions were really tedious and annoying though, but the ending itself I liked. I was happy with the story in general. Well, the main story I mean. The bits with Desmond and finding out the Truth and stuff. Ezio's personal story was just toss, didn't care about him or his family. But I explained all that before. The majority of Ezio's story and life has bugger all to do with the ACTUAL story, apart from the end scenes. That was passable in the first one since you were finding out what the story was as you went through, but in this one it was obvious that almost everything you do as Ezio doesn't mean anything in terms of the overall story.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 am

But if you didn't play the first one most of that last part won't matter.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 am

Got all the treasures now too. Good thing the 2nd DLC comes out on Thursday, and it comes with the special edition content too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 am

damn you fly through games

i'm yet to earn a platinum

prototype wqas the first one i was gonna try for but those stupid movement races are too hard to gold
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:00 am

Fly through it? I've had it for nearly a month now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:02 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
prototype wqas the first one i was gonna try for but those stupid movement races are too hard to gold
I think I managed to platinum all the race and glide events. Couldn't be bothered with most of the others. I did get all 1000 achievements points for AC2 though. Nearly got them all for AC1 as well, but I could never find that last Templar.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 am

got every story mission, side mission, optional tarmors/weapons, and treasures--i even found the kraken easter egg!

now all i need are the DLC's and the feathers (the only feathers left are in venice and i need like 12 until i'll have all of them).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm

wel lgoing by the games i got

platinums seem to take forever

some takinf like well over 100 hours
something i couldn't do in a month
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:58 pm

AC2 had easy achievements. My playtime on it is about 42 hours I think. Never got all the achievements for Prototype though. Never even played through it on hard.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 am

I stillhavent beaten this or progressed with the story. I keep getting sidetracked killing bad guys and stealing from people. Also poisoning guards and tossing money on the ground to kill people.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 am

Haseo's killed enough people in enough ways to become a potential murderer himself in that game from what I saw.

It's quite astonishing really how I sat there for almost an hour playing my PSP and hearing people die constantly without hearing story progression.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 am

It would so much more fun to do that if you could kill civilians without consequence like in the first game (after you completed it anyway). In AC2 if you kill 3 civilians in a short time you de-sync. Plus there doesn't seem to be a spot where you can get in a really massive fight. In the first game, if you stood outside the entrance to the fort in Acre and killed a guard, you'd be fighting people off for 15 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 am

wait so this game actually has decent combat?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 am

Ehhhh, not really. It's pretty much the same as the combat from the first game, except with new moves that make it even easier. Like disarming, or being able to guard with the hidden blade, or smoke bombs. Toss a smoke bomb down and everyone becomes a sitting duck.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 am

Also you must be good at rooftop chasing. A lot of people like thieves and corrupt guys go up there a lot.
Riding horses over people dont seem to kill them, only cause you to fly off your horse and possibly stand upin mid air. Razz
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 am

The Battle of Forli DLC wasn't anything special, but the Bonfire of the Vanities is alright since it's actual assassin work. You're given targets all across Florence, and each one is a decent assassination. Lots of people seem to hate the plain assassination missions though, and I can't see why. Everyone apparently prefers to follow Ezio around on his boring revenge story that just go out and actually be an assassin taking on contracts.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Well, 100% complete. The ending of Bonfire of the Vanities was crap, but the missions were good.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:43 pm

DLC just never seems worth theprice to me

its inevitably just really really sort and rarely adds a new feature

the only one i may get is the one for borderlands as it increases the level cap
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:45 pm

The second DLC opens up a new area of Florence that you can't access otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:49 pm

but can you do anything there you can't do normally

from what i've seen most dlc map areas are generally tiny
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm

There's a spring jump thing. Some roofs have spring boards on them which let you jump further, and they're only in that area. They're shit though. But having the area off limits bugged the crap out of me, and the missions were good. I do feel like a chump for buying it though, simply because both DLC packages are sequences that were supposed to be in the game in the first place, but production time ran over or something.

There's a bit in the game where the characters go "Oh, these two bits aren't working properly, we'll skip them". Feels pretty lazy. Especially since Forli is utterly wasted without the DLC. It's the only time in the game that that whole area is actually used for something. You walk through it on your way to Venice, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

seems like DLC allows unfinished games to be released
and then the company can charge you for content you would of got with the game

seems kinda retarded
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Is it available for PC Very Happy , cause that's my main port
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got assassin's creed 2
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next