Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Man - Superbuu3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Iron Man - Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: Iron Man - Superbuu3   Iron Man - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:19 am

Ok lets get this over and done with, if you hadn't worked out from the tropic thunder review I think Robert Downey Jr. is one of the best actors ever. So if i go on about why he's so great i apologise in advance >_>.

Alright first up lets talk story. If your familiar with the original story of iron man the film has basically modernised the original concept behind iron man and it works well. The original setting i believe started in Vietnam, was moved to the Gulf and now is set in the Middle East. If your not familiar with Iron Man just think about Bruce Wayne imagine what he'd have been like if his parents hadn't died and he instead loved robots. Alright some people will complain about that comparison mainly because good old Tony Stark (Iron Man) played by Robert Downey Jr is basically a guy who's rich and loves it. He has the typical character flaws that you see in marvel characters (in the comics he was an alcoholic) here he is more just a party animal with no real sense of responsibility and meaning.

Well this is the first film in a much larger project namely the Avengers which will be out in 2011. This will have a huge collaboration of superheroes in a huge blockbuster crossover movie which to my knowledge is the first ever to do this (Yes, Marvel pioneer eat that DC). Anyway this film was made by Marvel studios and had a budget of 100 million. This is in fact the first film made by marvel studios and was less then half the price of spider-man 2. Firstly the effects in this film are amazing. Seriously i thought Iron man would look like shit. I honestly there was no way they could bring the character to life and on screen and still look cool, and seriously I was wrong.

Next up lets look at the character development, basically this film has a lot of Robert Downey Jr, in fact if you dislike him (firstly you don't deserve to watch him) I would probably suggest not watching this because he is in fact the bulk of the film. I meanyes this is the first outing and hence a origin story, but even considering that Iron Man has very little screen time, probably like a quarter of the film with Downey consisiting of at least 80% of this film. The reason I loved this film is just how likeable Downey is. Downey on screen is hilarious and generally very likeable theres a few scenes with little else then him and his machines and yet these are all very entertaining. The general development of his character is great to I genuninely was very sympathetic towards him by the end of the film and his path to becoming a hero is a very entertaining one.

Finally lets talk about action, ok this is possibly one part the film is lacking in, but the few times we see Iron Man are all very cool. As mention ed earlier the suit looks amazing the effects are great. The direction of some scenes are amazing including some home video style sequences during lab testing. The final action scene is still largely entertaining yet you do get the feeling they oculd have made it just a little bit more entertaining. I can't help think that they were running low on budget or they are saving things up for the sequel there are at least a couple of easter eggs i.e. a mention of a Ten Rings organisation and Captain America's shield. All in all i suggest you watch this film amnd enjoy Downey's performance and be prepared for the upcoming succession of hero movies that will climax with the Avengers and yes Downey did make and appearance in the Incredible Hulk movie, which just adds to the whole continuity opf the universe.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

Iron Man - Superbuu3
Page 1 of 1