Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today

Go down 
+10
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
Maskull
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:10 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I fall for it all the time, or at least it feels that way to me. I just can't get my head around it's range for some reason. I always think it'll wiff and then I get hit by it.

Yesterday you didn't seem to have any problems blocking it.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:
My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Gouken

Why do all SF4 characters have so small heads?

They don't its just there muscles/bodies are huge

Fei and Vega are the only characters looking normal.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Well I probably don't remember the times I blocked it. Getting hit by it sticks in my mind though.

Still haven't tried Bob yet, but I'm doing okay with Lili. I really need to lear her pokes and punishers though, which seem to be her biggest weakness. She also doesn't seem to have much dedicated wall carry. Her regular juggles do a decent enough job, but if you think "Right, I want to wall carry from this", then there's not a lot to do besides d/f+1 2 or 3 times and then 323 or d+223.

And that's if you set out to wall carry. If you realise half way through a juggle that you can get to a wall, then there's very little hope of doing so. She lacks one of those light hitting, forward pushing mid-high/mid-mid string that can just lift the opponent some more and extend a combo on a whim, like Leo's b+21 or Lars's d/b+21.

Never really tried Lee in this game. I was okay with his 12~step in DR. I might try him out.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:03 am

I'm having the same problem with Steve, but that's because his most reliable online B! move comes very early.

I realised I couldn't do Lee's b2~f~N because I was holding f far too long. Still, his juggles that focus more on wall-carrying than damage seem quite hard. Lei is another character I've to try out before I make up my mind.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:11 am

I'm not a fan of stances. I quite like having unique step or something, like Lars's DE and SE, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Ok, I finally made up my mind.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Seriously, you're going to learn Lei? Cool. And good luck.

You're making me feel bad for playing the dead simple characters.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:55 pm

...well, I'm not going to spend as much time learning him as Steve. And I'm not playing that much lately, so it'll take forever to get any decent.

Quote :
You're making me feel bad for playing the dead simple characters.

I don't know much about Lei yet, but from the vids I have seen so far only a few of his stances should be used and those give powerful mix-ups. His juggles seem easy execution wise too, so I don't think he is all that hard.

Same goes for Steve, who is considered one of the most complicated, as from his 7 stances only 4 are useful and these 4 have only a couple good moves. Getting a CH for a juggle and executing his more advanced juggles are the hardest part.

On the other hand, characters like Lili who have only so few moves seem harder to me as you have to be very creative if you don't want to get predictable.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm horrible. I said I'd learn Lei, but I think Lee's looks, flamboyance, flashiness and play style won me over. I also found some easy combos with with decent damage output, but crappy wall-carry. He plays in a quite similar way with Steve too (turtling for CHs and poking), although he isn't as good except for the distance his juggles carry, which is a nice thing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:02 pm

I keep meaning to try Bob and Lee out, but I never bother. Whenever I put the game in I just hop online with Lars, Leo and Lili. I fought another Lili in a player room that was infuriating. It was a really crap Lili player, and yet I couldn't beat him with my own Lili. I tore him a new one with Lars easily, but I never won with Lili. Pissed me right off.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Anyway, as far Lee, I don't know if it works this way in Tekken 6, but in DR for his step in during combos I would just press ff rather f~N. Launch, 12~ff, 12~ff, etc. I've only spent about half an hour in practice mode with Lee, and that was months ago, but I think it still works. Not sure about his b+2 chaining though.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:35 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I keep meaning to try Bob and Lee out, but I never bother. Whenever I put the game in I just hop online with Lars, Leo and Lili.

Same thing happened to me while I was trying to learn Lars and Lei. Probably because I wasn't that interested.

Quote :
Anyway, as far Lee, I don't know if it works this way in Tekken 6, but in DR for his step in during combos I would just press ff rather f~N. Launch, 12~ff, 12~ff, etc.

So you basically did 12~ff~n, right? I'll try it out to see if I can get more consistent. 12~fn or b:1:1~fn aren't that hard though. b2 feels harder because you have to press fn fast.
For now I'll be using stuff like CH b4, u/fn4, f43, B!, dash, f21. Pretty easy for 76 damage.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Just trying it now, and Lee's b+2 stuff is hard.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Once you get the rhythm down, it's no longer that hard. Of course it's going to take a couple hours of practice. A full combo looks like this:

d/f2, d2, b2~f~N (x5) ~b~N, WS23, W!, d/f1, f43, B!, SSR, b4, u/b3

Doing 5 b2~f~Ns and a WS23 is very hard.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm

The 12~f~N stuff is easy, but the damage is poor. Even if you get to a wall you're still only pushing around 90 damage. Without a wall it's only around 60.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:01 pm

His damage isn't poor, it's above average... unless you've amazing technical skills. It's Lars' damage that is too high. Anyway, here are some simple juggles even I can do, but not very consistently at the moment:

u/f4, d2 _ 4, b2~f~N, 2 _ d/f1, b2~f~N, f43, B!, f21 (around 65, which is fine for a hopkick)

After CH b4 (and some other launchers like Blazing Kick) replace d2 _ 4 with u/fn4 for 86 damage without walls, which is great. Once you become consistent with b2~f~N, b2~f~N, add a second one before bound. For ultimate wall carry, instead of f43, B! use mist step, ~b~N23. Depending on how many hits you got before B!, you can use d/f323, f21 or b4, d3 as enders. Apparently, instead of an ender you can use various moves to catch tech-rollers into another juggle.

Also, I saw a Japanese Tekken Lord use these in a walless stage:

CH b4, u/fn4, f43, B! and d/f2, 2, b2~f~N, 12~f~N, f43, B! with b4, d3 as an ender for the best oki.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Oh, I'm not trying to learn Lee. I was just seeing what I could do.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:12 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:13 pm

The power of a raged counter clean-hit deathfist.

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Tekken001a
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:07 pm

He has always been a beginner-friendly character who doesn't need juggles, but D/f2 has the same speed, it's safe on block unlike the DF, and the juggle would do even more damage, so it'd have been a better choice.

Anyway, I haven't had time to play Tekken lately, but next time I play it I want to finally pick up a new character. I'm between stylish Lars (but I don't like his poke-spamming playstyle), fabulous Lee (but his juggles are too hard), classy Lili and a Mishima (preferably DJ, but he is also very technical as Lee). Argh...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:32 am

I've given up trying to use Lili. For some reason I just can't think on my feet when using her. Whenever I fight with her I just go blank and forget half her moves for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:13 am

I bought this a month ago and I don't care for the fucking campaign at all... god it's terribly made.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 am

Alright, I finally the god awful scenario campaign so I can finally focus on characters and such... oh wait I don't get the prologue and endings in arcade in the home console, do I Namco?!

Fuckwads.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 am

Well it's not like the way we get them is really different. In the campaign, there's that one part of the map called the Arena(which is basically like arcade, although some characters don't go through many fights in it, so earning some of the endings is quicker which is cool). You basically choose a character and play through that to get their prologues and endings. You must unlock the characters throughout the campaign though, you probably got most of them already since you beat it. The rest are gotten after beating the optional, extra stages.

It's funny how redundant the arena is though. I assume Namco thought we'd be spending most of our time in the campaign or something so they just put a mini-arcade there for us to get the prologues/endings for the sake of convenience.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:34 pm

I really am liking Miguel as my main, he's really fun to play as along with Steve and Lee.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:05 pm

You can't have Miguel in the same sentence as Lee; it's a blasphemy.
As Lee'd say,

"You need to fight with more class".